[TrackChasers] Saturday night ice racing

    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 9, 2008
      Since there are at least a couple of you who may be interested in going
      to this I thought I'd post the times. The ACGQ has ice races scheduled
      for the next two Saturdays, January 12 + 19, behind the bar Relais Hamel
      in Saint-Édouard-de-Lotbinière in Québec. Guy and I were there last year
      and it was the scene of my 100th Canadian track.

      First round of heats between 3:45 and 5:15, supper break from 5:15 to
      6:30, second round of heats between 6:30 and 8:00, features between 8:15
      and 10:00.
      The track is about a fifth mile course. It even has bleachers.

      Will
    • Rick Young
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 9, 2008
        Will ,

        I would reccomend anyone thinking of travelling to check the web sites first.

        I had a wasted journey to Beauharnois this past weekend ... it was suposed to be the opener but there was nothing doing.

        Problem is, the big rise in temperatures we've been having... from minus 20 centigrade two weeks ago, to four days of above zero. ( plus 10 one day this week... I even thought of wearing my shorts and T shirt for work ! )

        The only track I heard that has been running is Lac Morin

        It's a pain... I've gone 9 days into this new year and aint seen any racing yet.

        Rick