2 for Hickey, Killian, Knappenberger & Smith

  • rpmgordy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007
      Greetings from your breadman,

      Subject matter may sound like a law firm, but in reality it's
      just the names of the foursome that crammed into my Rav-4 for an Ohio
      excursion that garnered us all 2 new tracks.

      First up on Saturday evening was a figure 8 race at the
      Columbiana Fairgrounds in Lisbon, Ohio. This first ever event drew a
      field of 10 cars that were divided into 2, 10 minute heats. Top
      finishers were supposed to advance into a feature, but none made the
      call. Joining us in the packed, ancient grandstand were trackchasers
      Andy Sivi and Allan Brown and current and former RPM Racing News
      contributors, Rich Berry and Chuck Bollinger. With the obvious
      success of this show, it is highly probable that it will be repeated
      in the future. There was a demo derby following the figure 8 which
      was the main draw of the show that had many more entries.

      Sunday afternoon was a kart show on a new track built in the
      infield of an old half mile at the Putnam County fairgrounds in
      Ottawa, Ohio. This was a Larry Boos show similar to the one that was
      2 weeks previous in Archbold. A "huge" field of 3 senior champs made
      this a countable show, while furthering the debate over the counting
      of all karts. I still vote "nay".

      This was the first of what I hope will be many excursions with
      Brian. I hope he enjoyed the trip. I also want to dedicate this post
      to the memories of my step-dad, John Freeman, and my Beatle room
      buddy, Bob the Cat, who passed on this week. They will both be
      missed. Adios.

      Gordy