One more time into Canada, #883

  • deskjet960@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2007
      On a cold, but sunny afternoon, Sunday, October 14, I made my way back into
      Ontario, Canada for the big finale of the Ontario Demolition Derby racing
      series at Rockland. This place is east of Ottawa, near the far Eastern tip of
      Ontario. They started right on time and they had two ten lap figure eight races,
      a total of nine figure eight cars were there. About forty demo cars were also
      there. Several of the season's winners in both classes were entered. No
      county fair this time, this track was paved, part of huge parking area in the
      center of town. They had, what I would estimate, a thousand people in the
      stands, at ten bucks for each adult! They had an English announcer and also a
      French announcer, so everything was announced twice! I had to park nearly a
      mile away and walk from there , there was such an overflow crowd. Everyone
      seemed to have a great time and the crowd was very lively. PJ