Re: [TrackChasers] Attention all track chasers

  • BIGDADDO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 7, 2007
      Well I don't "have a horse in this race". I like reading the posts and in my
      lifetime (I'm 52) I've only been to roughly fortysome tracks. I try to see a
      new one once in awhile but don't have the means or desire to see
      hundreds/thousands.

      The fact that this group exists tends to show that Track Chasing has become a
      competition. Where you say "Those who don't want to waste their time going to
      "crap" are under no obligation to do so." and "it's the people who can't just
      focus on their own enjoyment and think they are forced to do what they don't
      want to do in order to keep up with others" while both those statements are
      obviously true many if not most if they are in a competition want to "win" the
      competition or be as near the top as possible. I'm not in the competition so
      counting or not counting "crap" makes little difference to me. But to someone
      involved in the Track Chasing Competition I can understand how they would be,
      shall we say "concerned"? I do totally also understand that to Guy, Alan & I'm
      sure some others it not a competition at least not consciously.

      From what I see some consider it a competition (in which case you need rather
      "strict" rules that are enforced) and other merely like seeing new tracks and
      aren't consumed by the competition to be as high on the list as possible.
      Who's right? ..... awe h*ll don't ask me lol.

    • Steve Rixon
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 10, 2007
        Hi Guys

        I have to inform you of a new track ticked off the list for Linda & I.

        However, firstly I must inform Will of a mistake on his track listings.the
        listing for Sturton & Stow Grass Track Club is out of date my friend. I just
        noticed when checking to see how you'd listed it. The site for this track is
        now at Caenby Corner, just north of Lincoln.

        Spike #265
        Linda #120

        Sturton & Stow Grass Track Club @ Caenby Corner. 26th August 2007

        We attended their annual "Fastest Man on Grass" meeting. This year 340+
        competitors took part and the racing was fantastic. We spent two days there
        enjoying quality racing and relaxing in the sunshine. It was great.Having
        missed out on two previous sites for this club, it's good to finally get it
        ticked off a last.

        Next hopeful new track for both of us should be this coming weekend at
        Rockingham Motor Speedway (UK Version). They have Motor Fest 07 and this
        year's includes a grass track arena, new to this facility.we'll hopefully be
        there Saturday before heading to Mildenhall & Arena Essex, Saturday evening
        and Sunday afternoon (still race fan first :-))

      • colin herridge

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 11, 2007
            Any idea what time it starts Colin?

            Spike

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
              Yes

              Steve Rixon <hornet.steve@...> wrote: Any idea what time it starts Colin?

              Spike

              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                Lol gates open both days at 9am and racing begins at midday.Oval practise starts at 10am other zones at 10:30 am.A chance for someone to get 4 tracks !!!! in one day all at the same location.

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 12, 2007
                  Do you think we could rush the Stockkarts into the kart arena and make that
                  countable as well???

                  Just a thought? How did you get 4 tracks? I only make it three, big oval,
                  short oval, grass track ???

                  Only grass track new for me & Linda

                  Spike

                  Lol gates open both days at 9am and racing begins at midday.Oval practise
                  starts at 10am other zones at 10:30 am.A chance for someone to get 4 tracks
                  !!!! in one day all at the same location.

                  colin herridge < cawh2000@... <mailto:cawh2000%40yahoo.co.uk> >
                  wrote:
                  Yes

                  Steve Rixon < hornet.steve@... <mailto:hornet.steve%40ntlworld.com>
                  > wrote: Any idea what time it starts Colin?

                  Spike

                    Lol gates open both days at 9am and racing begins at midday.Oval practise
                    starts at 10am other zones at 10:30 am.A chance for someone to get 4 tracks
                    !!!! in one day all at the same location.

                    colin herridge < cawh2000@... <mailto:cawh2000%40yahoo.co.uk> >
                    Yes