Weekly Report

    TrackChasers: Was asked why I didn t do a weekly report from last week...It s because when Lorain cancelled the figure 8 race due to the infield flooding, I
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2007

      Was asked why I didn't do a weekly report from last week...It's because when Lorain cancelled the figure 8 race due to the infield flooding, I didn't go anywhere new...That ended my string of 14 straight weekends with a new track...I considered either Cashmere, WV; Bear Creek, NC; or calling Git-R-Done, ME but in the end decided to just go to a couple local races,?because I'm now back at school...Since the other tracks considered?are weekly I'll hopefully have other chances either this year or next...Lorain was a once a year event...But it was pointed out to me that what may be local repeat tracks for me are new for lots of others on this far-flung listserve...Can't argue with that

      Was planning to go to a new track, but not a TrackChaser countable one...I wanted to go to the new Quarter Midget track in Schnecksville to see it before school started, but it rained out, as did my other possible choice of Grandview for Sprints

      My last day off...I went looking for a new car...Decided on a Buick Rendezvous...Thought I made a good deal, but it turned out to be not so good...The model is being discontinued and 2007 is the last...They didn't have any new ones at the dealer, but we used the car locater and found 13 in the area...I got $4000 off the sticker price, and $3000 trade for the Aztec with 190,000 miles on it...Plus I saved the $2800 it would cost to fix the Aztec to pass inspection...Put on a $500 downpayment and and thought I was set...However, it didn't work out as planned

      Back to school for year 21

      We got a ceiling fan installed in the master bedroom on Pam's last day off...Looks great...Got the bad news about the car...It seems that the model is more popular then they thought, and none of the other dealers would trade with my dealer so he couldn't get a new one...He's going to look for used 2007's for me with very low mileage...We were going to go to Clinton County for the Sprints, but I saw Accord was starting the show with a Modified feature from the week before...Then a complete regular show...So at the last minute, I changed plans to go to Accord to see the outer oval for the first time in over a decade...The place has never looked better, and they had respectable car counts in most classes...But six divisions is too many...Apple pie ala mode was a nice surprise...Also the fact that there was no dust was another nice surprise...To sum it up, the racinig was decent, but the show ran too long and late

      Decided to stay in that area and on Saturday went to Oakland Valley...This was an "upgrade" for me, as in my only previous visit to the dirt track, Gordy and I saw Champ Karts...This time they had Slingshot and Quarter Modifieds...Seven of each...Plus Junior Slings and lotsa karts...This track is also nicer than it was last time I was there...They have a couple sets of nice bleachers now...It was so hot and humid that it made it hard to enjoy, especially with the early 5:00 starting time...We only watched one full set of races, then left and had dinner at Perkins where it was nice and cool

      No races...Went walking in the morning, mowed the lawn and trimmed grass in the afternoon, and went to the West End Fair in the evening...There used to be countable Legends racing at the West End Fair, but not in recent years...Just Quarter Midgets...I'm surprised they don't try a figure 8 race there, since they have demo derby for three straight nights...Don't mess with success, I guess...For Labor Day weekend we are heading up to Quebec...Have a great Labor Day weekend