[TrackChasers] Venray secret

    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 19, 2007
      I was going to ask Roland about this the other day but I forgot. He may
      not have e-mail access for awhile, so I'll open it up to any UK members
      who might know. What I'm wondering is, why does Google have the
      satellite image of the little airport next to the Venray track jumbled
      up so you can't see it? What's the big secret there?

      Will
    • ccass176@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 19, 2007
        It's a military airbase.

        Venray has to shut down because it is in an protected forest, there is a
        road to the left of the track which goes to the pits, the governmnet had said
        they can build a track in the feild 100 yards from where the track is now, but
        can't stay in it's present location. It's crazy!!

        Colin C

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 19, 2007
          Colin,

          Thanks for the info. Roland had told me they might have to build a new
          track but I didn't know it would be so close to the old one.

          Will

        • RRodda1@aim.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 21, 2007
            Will,? Is that a drag strip around which the vehicles are parked at Wishek????? Ron

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 21, 2007
              Ron,

              I don't see a drag strip in all of that. It is the Tri-County
              Fairgrounds but the arrangement of stuff doesn't really look like a
              fair. Must be some other event being held on the grounds. If the image
              was a little clearer maybe we could tell. You may have noticed that
              Nodak is definitely set up for their fair though.

              Will