Re: [TrackChasers] track satellite images

    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 19, 2007
      Ron,

      That is odd if it is snow at Williston, since it only seems to be on the
      track and a little in the parking area. Then again, there seems to be
      some ice on nearby waterways. I wondered if maybe they race snowmobiles
      there in winter.

      Also, what do you think is going on at the track in Wishek?

      Will

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 19, 2007
        I was going to ask Roland about this the other day but I forgot. He may
        not have e-mail access for awhile, so I'll open it up to any UK members
        who might know. What I'm wondering is, why does Google have the
        satellite image of the little airport next to the Venray track jumbled
        up so you can't see it? What's the big secret there?

        Will
      • ccass176@aol.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 19, 2007
          It's a military airbase.

          Venray has to shut down because it is in an protected forest, there is a
          road to the left of the track which goes to the pits, the governmnet had said
          they can build a track in the feild 100 yards from where the track is now, but
          can't stay in it's present location. It's crazy!!

          Colin C

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 19, 2007
            Colin,

            Thanks for the info. Roland had told me they might have to build a new
            track but I didn't know it would be so close to the old one.

            Will

          • RRodda1@aim.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 21, 2007
              Will,? Is that a drag strip around which the vehicles are parked at Wishek????? Ron

              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 21, 2007
                Ron,

                I don't see a drag strip in all of that. It is the Tri-County
                Fairgrounds but the arrangement of stuff doesn't really look like a
                fair. Must be some other event being held on the grounds. If the image
                was a little clearer maybe we could tell. You may have noticed that
                Nodak is definitely set up for their fair though.

                Will