Re: [TrackChasers] Thanks to all.

  • RPMGORDY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2007
      Dale,

      Happy to be of service. I think Iowa Speedway would be a good place to
      race most any division. It's a racy joint. A full field of Indy cars would be
      'particularly lively" as Spike would say. I loved that description he laid on a
      banger consie. As for the lights on in construction law, I've never seen it
      enforced. The construction areas leave no room for the police to patrol while
      creating massive tie-ups. I guess they figure that's punishment enough. I also
      believe they enforce it like they do the seatbelt law. If they stop you for
      something else in the construction zone and you don't have your lights on they
      give you an additional fine. Looks like we both had successful weekends. Just
      hope I'm home next time you come to PA. Adios.

      Gordy

      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2007
        And then there were seven. Congrats, Ed, on being the 7th member of the 1000
        track club. And by the way, Speedway 93 isn't that old. It's always just
        looked that way. Continued good fortune.

        Gordy

        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2007
          Dale:

          I figured that was your car when I saw it in the parking lot. But I didn't see it until right before the last race, when I went out to get a sweatshirt. Else I would have come in and searched for you, rather than just leave a note on the car.

          I too, didn't realize Chemung was running in the afternoon until the last minute. I had been in Florida for a week with 24 students at the national DECA conference, so I was resting up and wanted to stay local. I had already been to Williams Grove, Lincoln, Port Royal, and Selinsgrove this year for Sprints, and had even been to the local pavement tracks of Mahoning and Mountain. I looked at the Chemung website for the off-chance that they would have the USAC Focus Midgets, and saw they were running an afternoon show. Since I had only been there one time, their first race after reopening, I thought it would be a good time for another visit.

          Sunday afternoon we stayed local again and went to Wyalusing Valley for Micro Sprints. I knew you were going to Wall, but I looked for you at Wyalusing anyway just in case. Next time.

          gms