Re: [TrackChasers] New Track

    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 30 7:40 PM
      Colin,

      You're right, the track is easily spotted and is a full quarter mile on
      the inside. I think you meant 2 miles east of Freshwater though; 2 miles
      south would put it in the English Channel.

      Will

      colin herridge wrote:
      > The UK track i now have the info i was waiting for its Freshwater on The Isle Of Wight a dirt banger track.It can be quite clearly seen on google maps about 2 miles south of Freshwater.
    • colin herridge
      Message 2 of 29 , May 1, 2007
        Lol oopz you spotted my typo,this was to put off any other trackchasers who think they might get there before me !!!
        The corrections are 2 miles east of Freshwater on the B340 towards Calbourne.
        This now means i have 58 English tracks to see as i was at Fleet on sunday for the figure of 8 race which as far as i know means that i have seen all the figure of 8 tracks that run in England.
        Colin

        colin herridge wrote:
        > The UK track i now have the info i was waiting for its Freshwater on The Isle Of Wight a dirt banger track.It can be quite clearly seen on google maps about 2 miles south of Freshwater.

      • Steve Rixon
        Message 3 of 29 , May 1, 2007
          I think not Mr. Herridge. they're running fig 8 at Kings Lynn on Monday !!!
          Have you done that???

          Spike

          Will White < trackchaser@... <mailto:trackchaser%40verizon.net> >

          Message 4 of 29 , May 1, 2007
            Managed to tick another one off that’s been on the “to do” list for a while
            now…

            Upper Eden Grass Track Banger Club (Bank Head) had been described to me as
            “not worth your 600 mile round trip” ! So when a big Banger meeting in
            Scotland, last Saturday, turned out to have a Bank Head meeting on the
            Sunday, this appeared to be the perfect opportunity. By some of you guys
            travelling standards this was a breeze but it turned out to be a very
            enjoyable road trip in our recently acquired Ford Transit panel van, with
            newly equipped sleeping facilities. Part trip took place on Friday evening
            with the rest of the journey completed Sat morning to Cowdenbeath, Scotland.
            A superb night’s racing at Cowdie and back on the road to knock some miles
            off towards northern England.

            Our arrival at Bank Head, saw several friends with the same idea of visiting
            the track en route home. Before us lay a smallish, egg-shaped grass track
            oval, large tractor tyres and a dirt bank forming the safety fence. The
            racing was a little rough around the edges with fairly small fields of cars,
            non-contact Grasstrackers, semi contact Rookies and full contact Bangers.
            Pretty good racing though at a fairly well run Club Track.

            Only real downsides were an almost total lack of announcer, and the food
            wagon having a permanent queue that moved very slowly. Nice afternoon and
            another UK tracked attained.

            Cheers,
            Spike & Linda

            Message 5 of 29 , May 2, 2007
              Spike,
              How could i have done it when they haven't raced yet !! thanks for the heads up tho that makes 59 tracks now as i hadn't got the old York grasstrack anyway.
              Colin

                Message 7 of 29 , May 2, 2007
                  To be honest mate I wouldn’t recognise him, not been around the F1 scene as
                  long as that…but yes he does sponsor one of the points chases

                  Spike

                  Steve Rixon < hornet.steve@... <mailto:hornet.steve%40ntlworld.com>

                  Message 8 of 29 , May 8, 2007
                    Hi all

                    Strange one this weekend as Linda and I gained a new track that we attend
                    regularly. One at which I’ve watched racing for many years.

                    For the first time in it’s history, Kings Lynn’s Norfolk Arena staged a
                    figure 8 race, on Monday 7th May, for the Bangerstox class. The shale track
                    cut across the paved centre section using a layout marked with old tyres.
                    Around 20 cars took to the track and at the 2nd time of asking completed the
                    single “eight” race of the day with Deano Mayes coming out the winner. It
                    was the 2nd time of asking, as the first attempt ended up in complete chaos
                    when the drivers got the layout completely wrong. They managed the centre
                    section OK, it was leaving and re-joining the normal track that was the
                    problem!!! Only one collision occurred on the crossover along with several
                    “near misses” that had the holiday crowd gasping!

                    Support racing came from TSR Bangers, with around 90 cars racing. The 57 car
                    consi being particularly lively!

                    1300 Stock Cars completed the racing line up, competing for the 2007 British
                    Final, 600 Carl Waterfield ran out the championship winner.

                    Entertaining afternoon…

                    Spike & Linda

                    Message 9 of 29 , May 8, 2007
                      Spike,

                      I'm glad you gave a report on this one as I didn't know it was a mixed
                      surface figure of eight. You've now broken the tie with Mark Kelly for
                      second place in mixed tracks.

                      Will

                      Message 10 of 29 , Aug 6, 2007
                        More new track info just in from Brian Hickey; this time a street race
                        in Connecticut.
                        Will

                        hi will
                        i found this out today of a temporary street race for carts in downtown
                        putnam,ct for the town festival on aug the 12th. they should have sr champ
                        karts there.

                        brian

                        Brian,
                        The pits are on Canal St and the track is in between Canal St and Kennedy
                        Drive in downtown Putnam. Yes, there should be Sr. Champs there. Thanks.

                        Scott Petlock
                        Tri-State Kart Club President
                        email: petlockracing@...

                        Message 11 of 29 , Sep 4, 2008
                          TrackChasers

                          Well, I don't know if it's a new track, but it's not listed on the TrackChaser website...The track is called Sumter County Motorsports Park, and it's in Webster, Florida near Bushnell...Gordy told me about the track last week...They had Mini Sprints scheduled on Labor Day weekend, but that show was rained out by Gustav...They have a winter kart series where Senior Champs are one of the classes...I didn't see any other mention of Mini Sprints other than Labor Day weekend...I found the track website, and it is at www.sumterracing.com.? Perhaps it could fit into someone's schedule during the winter months...Ed, Gordy, and Randy like to spend time in Florida during the off season...Hopefully someone can check it out and report in for us

                        • Edward J. Esser
                          Message 12 of 29 , Sep 4, 2008
                            Thanks Guy.
                            I will consider it an assignment.
                            It's on my to do list. I have slim pickins in Florida but would still
                            like to make a trip once a year.
                            Thanks,
                            Ed