Re: [TrackChasers] Maxville Figure 8

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
      Yes, Rick. I've had Maxville on my schedule since it was announced. Pam and I plan on being there, although not on foot.

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
        Guy,

        Not walking? Where's your spirit of adventure? If you leave now, you
        will get there early enough to get a good spot for video. Just don't stop to do
        any touristy things along the way lest you miss the show entirely like some
        Badger State fellow just did.

        To all,

        There was no trackchasing for Mike Knappenberger this past weekend as
        his mother passed away suddenly on Apr. 5. Mike and I have traveled together a
        lot this past year, and every weekend away he would call his mom just to talk
        and see how she was doing. My condolences to my friend on his great loss. Those
        of us that have lost a parent(s) know the pain he's feeling.

        I drew an 0 for this past weekend as all 4 tracks I called in the
        Houston area on Saturday night cancelled due to rain and 40 degree temps. I did get
        to enjoy a baseball game at Minute Maid Park on Easter Sunday. This is the
        best ballpark I've been to yet with a ground level prominade that circles the
        place, and sight lines throughout that are great. I had a club level seat 4 rows
        in front of the tv booth to view my Cardinals spank the Astros 10-1. Not a new
        track, but a great way to spend an afternoon as baseball still runs a close
        second to racing on my priority list. This was my second stadium to see
        baseball in Houston as I saw Nolan Ryan pitch a 2-hit shutout in the Astrodome a
        number of years ago. In the crowd with me on Sunday was former president, George
        Bush and his wife. They put an extra folding chair in the aisle behind and
        beside him where the largest secret serviceman I ever saw sat diligently. Their
        seats were a little better than mine as they sat in row 1 right behind the plate
        and backstop. No trackchasing for me the next 2 weekends as Suz and I will be
        celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary in Punta Cana in the Dominican
        Republic. Adios.

        Gordy

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
            Guy,

            Maybe Rick still has a copy of the picture that was taken of he, Mike
            and I at Airborne . That's the only time I've seen him without all that gear on.
            It might help you recognize him.

            Gordy

          • Andy Ritter
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
              Sorry to year about Mike's mom. Very sad news. I extend my
              condolences.

              Too bad you got rained out Gordy. So much for good weather to start
              the racing season.

              Keep it fun-

              Andy Ritter

              --- In TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com, RPMGORDY@... wrote:

              > Guy,
              >
              > Not walking? Where's your spirit of adventure? If you leave
              now, you
              > will get there early enough to get a good spot for video. Just
              don't stop to do
              > any touristy things along the way lest you miss the show entirely
              like some
              > Badger State fellow just did.
              >
              > To all,
              >
              > There was no trackchasing for Mike Knappenberger this past
              weekend as
              > his mother passed away suddenly on Apr. 5. Mike and I have traveled
              together a
              > lot this past year, and every weekend away he would call his mom
              just to talk
              > and see how she was doing. My condolences to my friend on his great
              loss. Those
              > of us that have lost a parent(s) know the pain he's feeling.
              >
              > I drew an 0 for this past weekend as all 4 tracks I called in
              the
              > Houston area on Saturday night cancelled due to rain and 40 degree
              temps. I did get
              > to enjoy a baseball game at Minute Maid Park on Easter Sunday. This
              is the
              > best ballpark I've been to yet with a ground level prominade that
              circles the
              > place, and sight lines throughout that are great. I had a club
              level seat 4 rows
              > in front of the tv booth to view my Cardinals spank the Astros 10-
              1. Not a new
              > track, but a great way to spend an afternoon as baseball still runs
              a close
              > second to racing on my priority list. This was my second stadium to
              see
              > baseball in Houston as I saw Nolan Ryan pitch a 2-hit shutout in
              the Astrodome a
              > number of years ago. In the crowd with me on Sunday was former
              president, George
              > Bush and his wife. They put an extra folding chair in the aisle
              behind and
              > beside him where the largest secret serviceman I ever saw sat
              diligently. Their
              > seats were a little better than mine as they sat in row 1 right
              behind the plate
              > and backstop. No trackchasing for me the next 2 weekends as Suz and
              I will be
              > celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary in Punta Cana in the
              Dominican
              > Republic. Adios.
              >
              > Gordy

            • Rick Young
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
                Yes I still have that photo, I'll send it to you,

                Actually, I have a big decission to make on that day.

                I had planned on doing another 'new track' , .. I was going to the Genesse Speedway for the 358 Mod Lucas Oils Shoot out, in favour of the WoO Late Model show at Drummond, that many people I know are thinking of doing or my local Brockville or Frogtown

                Now I have to decide whether to be a 'trackchaser' and grab an easy new track in walking distance , ( even if it's going to be crap) or travel to something I know will be decent stuff.

                decisions , decisions !

                Rick

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
                  Rick,

                  You can see decent stuff any time. A little walk and a little crap will
                  do you good. :)

                  Will

                  Rick Young wrote:
                  > Now I have to decide whether to be a 'trackchaser' and grab an easy new track in walking distance , ( even if it's going to be crap) or travel to something I know will be decent stuff.
                • colin herridge
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
                    Will,
                    i'd so like to comment on that last piece of advice but i'd probably be sin binned lol
                    Colin

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
                      Yep Will, you may be right LOL

                    • ccass176@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
                        mmmm, you know what I would say Rick!!

                      • Rick Young
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 11, 2007
                          Yes, I think I do, you're like me, quality comes before quantity, right !

                          I'll wait and see how I feel nearer the time, of course a lot will depend on the weather forecast that weekend

                          Rick

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 12, 2007
                            Pat and I would like to send our condolences to Mike and his entire family
                            of the loss of his mother. I've lost both of my parents and it is a tough
                            deal. Also want to send along our congratulations to Gordy and Susan on
                            their 7th wedding anniversary.

                            Bruce and Pat

                            _____