Re: [TrackChasers] Looking ahead to the Ice Race season

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
      Rick,

      Thanks for having an early look at the Québec ice racing season. I just
      started searching today and I noticed that these dates you gave in
      November were for the CMRC. This is the motorcycle series we saw run at
      St-Sulpice last winter. Andrew Ranger was racing with the group when we
      were there. I found a schedule that only lists cars to run with the
      bikes at St-Sulpice (Feb. 3+4) and Sherbrooke (Feb. 24+25). The rest of
      the dates don't appear to be countable for us. Cars also ran on the CMRC
      weekend at Baie-Comeau in 2006 but I don't see them listed for 2007.
      However I did see a video of a car testing at Baie-Comeau so perhaps
      there will be car racing there sometime this winter. If I find anything
      more I'll post it here.

      Will

      Rick Young wrote:
      > I checked out the Quebec ice racing forum and these dates have been posted... there was no info to go with them, just the dates and places..
      >
      > Will and Guy, Looks like Kahnawaki could be earlier than we expected
      >
      > 30 Décembre Kahnawakee
      > 7 Janvier St-Ferdinand
      > 14 Janvier Trois-Rivières
      > 20 Janvier Baie-Comeau
      > 28 Janvier Roxton Pond
      > 3-4 Février St-Sulpice
      > 10-11 Février Shawinigan
      > 17-18 Février Valcourt
      > 24-25 Février Sherbrooke (circuit routier)
      > 3-4 mars Roberval

    • Rick Young
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
        It looks like the ice racing season will have a later start this year, with the warmer temperatures we`re having, and I think it`s going to be harder to come up with as many new tracks as we did last year.

        Todays winter ice enduro at the Brockville Ontario Speedway has been postponed until the 14th Jan due to track conditions. We had freezing rain throughout the night which turned in to normal rain and high temperatures for today , melting everything.

        http://www.eset.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
          There is one date listed for the 1/3 mile paved oval at Sanair, PQ, in
          2007: Saturday, April 28th. The Pro Cam truck series will run 100 laps
          with enduro cars going 150 laps and a third class TBA. Hopefully I'll
          finally be able to see a race on this track.