Ice Racing

  • Rick Young
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
      A while back I posted a message with some ice racing dates I found on Quebec Ice Forum. One of the dates was for Kahnawake on Dec 31st ( tommorow) ... I`ve heard no more about it, ...and I can`t see it happening, as I went close by there today (the Mercier Bridge accross the St Lawrence) and the Seaway is yet to freeze. Last week I spotted ships still sailing up it. Up until a few days ago, the area has had higher than normal temperatures .

      I spotted on the forum that they hope to start the racing at Lac Morin (Notre Dame De Mont Carmel) on the 7th Jan

      We had the first real "dump" of snow in the area on Boxing Day (26th DEC) so with the cold temps we`re now getting, it should be good for the New Years Day Winter Enduro at the Brockville Ontario Speedway

      I`ll be giving the ice racing a miss for a week in February, and flying down to Florida for the DIRT MOD tour at Volusia.. I will also be there during the Daytona 500.. so if anyone has a ticket going cheap ( or free ! ) , I`d be pleased to hear from ya,

      Rick