New German Track

  • colin herridge
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi All,
      A new track has been announced in Germany at the Olympic Stadium 5/5/07 start time 1pm.
      racing will be approx 200 stock cars,unarmoured bangers, from 6 countries.The track will be a 350m sand/cement surface,so if it rains heavily it could turn to concrete !!!.
      www.stock-car-gp.de

    • Steve Rixon
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 2, 2006
        Top Man Mr. Herridge. Very good find, may well take a look at this.

        Only trouble is. you really must have too much time on your hands??? Shouldn
        't you be taking your wife shopping or something ??? :-)

        Spike

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 2, 2006
          Congratulations and welcome to the newest member of the TrackChasers 50 State
          Club, drum roll please... Paul Weisel! The scene of the crime was, where else,
          Barnyard Raceway in Chepachet, RI. Edmund Marceau (promoter) is responsible for
          more great trackchasing achievements than he will ever realize.

          Will White
        • Edward
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 4, 2006
            --- In TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com, Will White <trackchaser@...> wrote:

            > Congratulations and welcome to the newest member of the TrackChasers
            50 State
            > Club, drum roll please... Paul Weisel! The scene of the crime was,
            where else,
            > Barnyard Raceway in Chepachet, RI. Edmund Marceau (promoter) is
            responsible for
            > more great trackchasing achievements than he will ever realize.
            >
            > Will White

            Congratulations Paul! I guess this answers my question if Barnyard is
            still running. Every time I tried to call the promoter I'd get a
            answering machine and I never was able to confirm when they were
            running (and I never received a call back). Besides the phone number
            in the Speedway Directory, does anyone have any other contact info, a
            schedule, or possibly a website/e-mail to find out when Barnyard is
            going to run?

            Edward
          • Andy Ritter
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 4, 2006
              Congrats to Paul. Good to see him hit his goal.

              I am also glad to see Barnyard is still running as I too suspected
              they may no longer be active.

              Keep it fun!

              Andy Ritter

              wrote:

              > Congratulations and welcome to the newest member of the
              TrackChasers 50 State
              > Club, drum roll please... Paul Weisel! The scene of the crime was,
              where else,
              > Barnyard Raceway in Chepachet, RI. Edmund Marceau (promoter) is
              responsible for
              > more great trackchasing achievements than he will ever realize.
              >
              > Will White

            • Bruce Eckel
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 4, 2006
                Congradulations to Paul Weisel on becoming a member of the 50 state club.
                Way to go, Paul.

                Bruce

                _____

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 4, 2006
                  Hi Ed. I run into his father,Grant, from the antique midget clud about half a
                  dozen times a year or so. There are a few people from the club, that i have
                  built engines for. I will ask them for his number and maybe i can get a little
                  more info. I will post anything that i hear to the list as soon as i get it.

                  Gordy, when and where are the races in Charlotte. It looks as though i
                  will be in the area this sat. the 9th.

                  Thanks
                  Brian
                • RPMGORDY@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
                    Brian,

                    The races are at the Cricket Arena in Charlotte. I don't have an exact
                    location yet, but I have to look it up soon and will post it right after.
                    Hopefully, the Arena Racing website will have the info.

                    Gordy

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
                      Brian,

                      The races in Charlotte this Saturday night are the Arena Racing USA mini cup
                      cars in the Cricket Arena, which is east of the city center on Independence Blvd
                      (US 74). If you have a 2006 Rand McNally road atlas you'll find it on the
                      Charlotte city map. In older atlases it is listed as Independence Arena.
                      According to the Arena Racing USA site the doors open at 6:00 pm and the green
                      flag drops at 7:07 pm.

                      Will

                    • RPMGORDY@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
                        Greetings from your breadman,

                        Here are the directions to the Cricket Arena for the races on Dec. 9.
                        From 1-77 going south take exit 11 (Brookshire Freeway East). Then take exit 2B
                        (East Independence Blvd.) Arena is 2 miles on the right just past the Briar
                        Creek Overpass. Hope that helps. See you there? Gates open at 6:00pm. Racing
                        starts at 7:07pm.

                        Gordy

                      • BHICKEYJR@AOL.COM
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
                          In a message dated 12/5/06 5:45:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, RPMGORDY@...
                          writes:

                          << Greetings from your breadman,

                          Here are the directions to the Cricket Arena for the races on Dec. 9.
                          From 1-77 going south take exit 11 (Brookshire Freeway East). Then take exit
                          2B
                          (East Independence Blvd.) Arena is 2 miles on the right just past the Briar
                          Creek Overpass. Hope that helps. See you there? Gates open at 6:00pm. Racing
                          starts at 7:07pm.

                          Gordy

                          Thanks for the info Gordy. I will definetly be there . I am taking the wife
                          on this trip so we'll probably spend the day over at the concord mills mall
                          getting some chritmas shopping done. I'll have to find someplace to leave my
                          trailer and just drive on over in the truck, we'll try to get there around five.

                          See you there
                          Brian
                        • BHICKEYJR@AOL.COM
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
                            In a message dated 12/5/06 5:18:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                            trackchaser@... writes:

                            << Brian,

                            The races in Charlotte this Saturday night are the Arena Racing USA mini cup
                            cars in the Cricket Arena, which is east of the city center on Independence
                            Blvd
                            (US 74). If you have a 2006 Rand McNally road atlas you'll find it on the
                            Charlotte city map. In older atlases it is listed as Independence Arena.
                            According to the Arena Racing USA site the doors open at 6:00 pm and the
                            green
                            flag drops at 7:07 pm.

                            Will

                            Thanks for the info Will, I found it in my map book. Looks easy enough to get
                            to.

                            Thanks
                            Brian
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 5, 2006
                              Will (Rick, probably Allan, and possibly others):

                              Here's a cool website that you will probably enjoy if you haven't already discovered it.--Guy

                              http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.stockcarquebec.com/pistes.html
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 6, 2006
                                Guy,

                                That is a great site. It's been linked from my Media page for quite awhile.

                                Will

                                RTRYFBAR@... wrote:
                                > Will (Rick, probably Allan, and possibly others):
                                >
                                > Here's a cool website that you will probably enjoy if you haven't already discovered it.--Guy
                                >

                                > http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.stockcarquebec.com/pistes.html
                              • Rick Young
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 6, 2006
                                  Yes, Guy that`s an excellent site, a mine of information,

                                  I often hear about some of the old Quebec speedways from my racing buddies, that have been going for many years, and the site mentions one that often comes up in conversation, The Fury Speedway at Laval. I was told ( Alan, please tell me if I`m wrong) that it was located on the site where GM built their plant to produce the Camaro... That plant was demolished two years ago and a retail park is now in the process of construction. Can anyone varyify Fury`s location for me ? , as I pass the spot most days in my truck

                                  Rick

                                  Will (Rick, probably Allan, and possibly others):

                                  Here's a cool website that you will probably enjoy if you haven't already discovered it.--Guy

                                  http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.stockcarquebec.com/pistes.html

                                  http://www.eset.com

                                • Andy Ritter
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 6, 2006
                                    -Guy- I dont speak French but enjoy the photos of the old tracks on
                                    this site.

                                    Sorry to hear about your uncle. You are having a tough year.

                                    Getting cold and snowy here in Mansfield -ice racing season is
                                    around the corner.

                                    Keep it fun!

                                    Andy Ritter