Re: [TrackChasers] New Track

  • Allan Brown
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 31, 2006
      Thanks Gordy for the update on the directions to Old Dominion

      Allan

    • BHICKEYJR@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 12, 2006
        Looks like the Star Speedway in NH has been sold and the new web site is
        http://www.all-starspeedway.com/.

        I had finally made it to Hagerstown Speedway in Md.,being able to catch the
        350 weekend features on Sunday. All in all it was a pretty good show for a
        day show on dirt. The sprints put on the best show of the night with Greg
        Hodnett pulling down the win.

        Last weekend i was able to see the dirt latemodel special at Riverside
        Speedway in West Memphis,Ar. on sat night., for a little hole in the wall track it
        had some very good racing in all divisions. The only drawback was the lenghty
        delays under cation, basicaly lack of comunication between the track crews.
        Sunday i made it over to the faigrounds in Nashville,Tn. for the 400. the
        ASA 200 lapper was kind of a yawner with Ed Hauffman getting the win. While the
        CRA 200 lapper was a much better race with lots of passing at the end, when
        several front runners had problems and raced back to the front after restarting
        in the rear.

        Looks like the Mason Dixon Meltdown,at South Boston Speedway in Va.,will be
        the next on tap for the fri and sat show after turkey day, and maybe even a
        Sumter SC. dirt latemdel special on sunday.

        I was luckey enough to get Lake Geneva Speedway in Wi and Riverside
        Speedway in SC,.this year, for there final races before closing forever. One I new
        was closing so I made it a point to make it there ,the other, I was suprised to
        hear it announced while I was at the track for there final race weekend. Is it
        possible to have a listing on the website of the tracks that are known to be
        closing for the upcoming or ongoing season. That would help some of us that
        may not have these tracks, get out there and try to get them before they are
        gone forever.

        Thanks
        Brian
      • BHICKEYJR@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 12, 2006
          In a message dated 11/13/06 12:41:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          BHICKEYJR@... writes:

          << I was luckey enough to get Lake Geneva Speedway in Wi and Riverside
          Speedway in SC,.this year, for there final races before closing forever. One
          I new
          was closing so I made it a point to make it there ,the other, I was suprised
          hear it announced while I was at the track for there final race weekend. Is
          it
          possible to have a listing on the website of the tracks that are known to be
          closing for the upcoming or ongoing season. That would help some of us that
          may not have these tracks, get out there and try to get them before they are
          gone forever.

          Looks like Jennerstown Speedway Pa. will be first on my hit list for 2007. It
          doesn't look good for a long term venue according to there press release on
          there web site.
        • colin herridge
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 27 10:30 AM
            Hi All,
            Just found a new Spanish track on the island of Majorca [ aka Mallorca] its an autocross dirt track located at Felanitx.
            I have checked out the video and it is definately countable racing.
            www.LaCuneta.com

            Colin

          • Bruce Eckel
            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 27 4:01 PM
              Will,

              Saw Dwight Bucks at Susky last Sunday and he attended the late
              model show at DeVos Place so you can add that one to his total. Thanks.

              Bruce

            • Rick Young
              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 28 5:45 PM
                I guess, you've already suggested to the 'missus' , that Majorca would be a good place for this years summer hols ?? Am I right buddy ? LOL "Viva Espana"

                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 28 8:18 PM
                  Colin,

                  It's getting pretty neat now that we can not only find local tracks in
                  various countries but see amateur videos of them as well. From that site
                  I also see there is an autocross on the island of Ibiza and a third
                  track, but I haven't determined which of the Balearic Islands it is on.
                  One thing led to another from there and I ended up spending several
                  hours going through Spanish racing sites.

                  Will

                  colin herridge wrote:
                  > Hi All,
                  > Just found a new Spanish track on the island of Majorca [ aka Mallorca] its an autocross dirt track located at Felanitx.
                  > I have checked out the video and it is definately countable racing.
                  > www.LaCuneta.com
                • colin herridge
                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 29 7:13 AM
                    lol no we're going to turkey same time as F1 GP lol

                    Rick Young <stox@...> wrote: I guess, you've already suggested to the 'missus' , that Majorca would be a good place for this years summer hols ?? Am I right buddy ? LOL "Viva Espana"

                    Message 9 of 29 , Apr 29 7:19 AM
                      Will,
                      yes i saw the Ibiza track but not sure its countable if u go to the gallery u will see that some autocross is actually what we brits call tests or sprints around cones etc.
                      Yes i spent another hour or so goin thru spanish site links as well.
                      Also i've some info on a UK track on a small island just off mainland but have not yet got enough info to tell you about it
                      Watch this space.
                      Colin

                      Message 10 of 29 , Apr 29 8:45 AM
                        Colin,

                        According to the rules of the Balearic Island autocross championship,
                        which I found on www.efebea.com, there are 6 rounds on Mallorca and 6
                        rounds on Ibiza. All events consist of several cars starting at once and
                        the winner is either the first to finish a set distance or the one who
                        goes the farthest in a set amount of time.

                        BTW to which gallery are you referring? The "GALERÍA" link on the nav
                        bar doesn't work for me. The other photos I see are for rallies and
                        hillclimbs, which have their own championships separate from autocross.

                        Thanks,
                        Will

                        colin herridge wrote:
                        > Will,
                        > yes i saw the Ibiza track but not sure its countable if u go to the gallery u will see that some autocross is actually what we brits call tests or sprints around cones etc.
                        > Yes i spent another hour or so goin thru spanish site links as well.
                        > Also i've some info on a UK track on a small island just off mainland but have not yet got enough info to tell you about it
                        > Watch this space.
                      • colin herridge
                        Message 11 of 29 , Apr 30 7:27 AM
                          Will,
                          Yes the pics i saw are in the 'galeria' link,if i can i will copy a pic and send to your home addy.
                          The UK track i now have the info i was waiting for its Freshwater on The Isle Of Wight a dirt banger track.It can be quite clearly seen on google maps about 2 miles south of Freshwater.

                          Message 12 of 29 , Apr 30 7:40 PM
                            Colin,

                            You're right, the track is easily spotted and is a full quarter mile on
                            the inside. I think you meant 2 miles east of Freshwater though; 2 miles
                            south would put it in the English Channel.

                            Will

                            Message 13 of 29 , May 1, 2007
                              Lol oopz you spotted my typo,this was to put off any other trackchasers who think they might get there before me !!!
                              The corrections are 2 miles east of Freshwater on the B340 towards Calbourne.
                              This now means i have 58 English tracks to see as i was at Fleet on sunday for the figure of 8 race which as far as i know means that i have seen all the figure of 8 tracks that run in England.

                              colin herridge wrote:
                              > The UK track i now have the info i was waiting for its Freshwater on The Isle Of Wight a dirt banger track.It can be quite clearly seen on google maps about 2 miles south of Freshwater.

                            • Steve Rixon
                              Message 14 of 29 , May 1, 2007
                                I think not Mr. Herridge. they're running fig 8 at Kings Lynn on Monday !!!
                                Have you done that???

                                Spike

                                Will White < trackchaser@... <mailto:trackchaser%40verizon.net> >

                                Message 15 of 29 , May 1, 2007
                                  Managed to tick another one off that’s been on the “to do” list for a while
                                  now…

                                  Upper Eden Grass Track Banger Club (Bank Head) had been described to me as
                                  “not worth your 600 mile round trip” ! So when a big Banger meeting in
                                  Scotland, last Saturday, turned out to have a Bank Head meeting on the
                                  Sunday, this appeared to be the perfect opportunity. By some of you guys
                                  travelling standards this was a breeze but it turned out to be a very
                                  enjoyable road trip in our recently acquired Ford Transit panel van, with
                                  newly equipped sleeping facilities. Part trip took place on Friday evening
                                  with the rest of the journey completed Sat morning to Cowdenbeath, Scotland.
                                  A superb night’s racing at Cowdie and back on the road to knock some miles
                                  off towards northern England.

                                  Our arrival at Bank Head, saw several friends with the same idea of visiting
                                  the track en route home. Before us lay a smallish, egg-shaped grass track
                                  oval, large tractor tyres and a dirt bank forming the safety fence. The
                                  racing was a little rough around the edges with fairly small fields of cars,
                                  non-contact Grasstrackers, semi contact Rookies and full contact Bangers.
                                  Pretty good racing though at a fairly well run Club Track.

                                  Only real downsides were an almost total lack of announcer, and the food
                                  wagon having a permanent queue that moved very slowly. Nice afternoon and
                                  another UK tracked attained.

                                  Cheers,
                                  Spike & Linda

                                  Message 16 of 29 , May 2, 2007
                                    Spike,
                                    How could i have done it when they haven't raced yet !! thanks for the heads up tho that makes 59 tracks now as i hadn't got the old York grasstrack anyway.
                                    Colin

                                      Message 18 of 29 , May 2, 2007
                                        To be honest mate I wouldn’t recognise him, not been around the F1 scene as
                                        long as that…but yes he does sponsor one of the points chases

                                        Spike

                                        Steve Rixon < hornet.steve@... <mailto:hornet.steve%40ntlworld.com>

                                        Message 19 of 29 , May 8, 2007
                                          Hi all

                                          Strange one this weekend as Linda and I gained a new track that we attend
                                          regularly. One at which I’ve watched racing for many years.

                                          For the first time in it’s history, Kings Lynn’s Norfolk Arena staged a
                                          figure 8 race, on Monday 7th May, for the Bangerstox class. The shale track
                                          cut across the paved centre section using a layout marked with old tyres.
                                          Around 20 cars took to the track and at the 2nd time of asking completed the
                                          single “eight” race of the day with Deano Mayes coming out the winner. It
                                          was the 2nd time of asking, as the first attempt ended up in complete chaos
                                          when the drivers got the layout completely wrong. They managed the centre
                                          section OK, it was leaving and re-joining the normal track that was the
                                          problem!!! Only one collision occurred on the crossover along with several
                                          “near misses” that had the holiday crowd gasping!

                                          Support racing came from TSR Bangers, with around 90 cars racing. The 57 car
                                          consi being particularly lively!

                                          1300 Stock Cars completed the racing line up, competing for the 2007 British
                                          Final, 600 Carl Waterfield ran out the championship winner.

                                          Entertaining afternoon…

                                          Spike & Linda

                                          Message 20 of 29 , May 8, 2007
                                            Spike,

                                            I'm glad you gave a report on this one as I didn't know it was a mixed
                                            surface figure of eight. You've now broken the tie with Mark Kelly for
                                            second place in mixed tracks.

                                            Will

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Aug 6, 2007
                                              More new track info just in from Brian Hickey; this time a street race
                                              in Connecticut.
                                              Will

                                              hi will
                                              i found this out today of a temporary street race for carts in downtown
                                              putnam,ct for the town festival on aug the 12th. they should have sr champ
                                              karts there.

                                              brian

                                              Brian,
                                              The pits are on Canal St and the track is in between Canal St and Kennedy
                                              Drive in downtown Putnam. Yes, there should be Sr. Champs there. Thanks.

                                              Scott Petlock
                                              Tri-State Kart Club President
                                              email: petlockracing@...

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Sep 4, 2008
                                                TrackChasers

                                                Well, I don't know if it's a new track, but it's not listed on the TrackChaser website...The track is called Sumter County Motorsports Park, and it's in Webster, Florida near Bushnell...Gordy told me about the track last week...They had Mini Sprints scheduled on Labor Day weekend, but that show was rained out by Gustav...They have a winter kart series where Senior Champs are one of the classes...I didn't see any other mention of Mini Sprints other than Labor Day weekend...I found the track website, and it is at www.sumterracing.com.? Perhaps it could fit into someone's schedule during the winter months...Ed, Gordy, and Randy like to spend time in Florida during the off season...Hopefully someone can check it out and report in for us

                                              • Edward J. Esser
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Sep 4, 2008
                                                  Thanks Guy.
                                                  I will consider it an assignment.
                                                  It's on my to do list. I have slim pickins in Florida but would still
                                                  like to make a trip once a year.
                                                  Thanks,
                                                  Ed