Re: [TrackChasers] Speedway Scene

  • BHICKEYJR@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
      In a message dated 7/31/06 2:50:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      speedways@... writes:

      << I just read that Speedways Scene went out of business. I hadn't even
      noticed
      I wasn't getting it anymore. My last issue was June 16th.

      I had talked to one of the columnists three weeks ago, at seekonk speedway,
      and he stated that they were having issues with the postal service.

      Thanks
      Brian
    • Bruce.A.Spencer@hitchcock.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
        --- You wrote:
        I knew the Speedway Scene was in trouble as it was only a shell of what it
        used to be 20 years ago. It was probably time for Val to retire anyway.
        --- end of quote ---

        Allan,

        Speedway Scene has had a long, slow, unfortunate decline. I highly recommend the Racin' Paper. It's not much to look at, but all New England track results are there, and there's usually some interesting commentary as well.

        Thanks,
        Bruce Spencer
        Bristol NH