RE: [TrackChasers] Ionia/Beauharnois

  • Bruce Eckel
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 7, 2006
      Guy,

      A lot of good points made. Maybe a mile limit could be an answer.
      For instance if ice track A is located 5 miles from new ice track A then it
      could or would count. I don't know if 5 miles is the right number but you
      others that have more ice racing experience might want to discuss this.
      What do people feel about a distance parameter???

      Bruce

      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 7, 2006
        Hi Will, et. all,

        Yes I'm still here, lurking. I skim the group messages regularly and visit the Trachchaser site
        now and then. For all intents and purposes I'm out of the trackchasin game and racin too, for that
        matter. For now anyway.

        The last race I attended was early Aug 2003. At the end of 2005 I shut down the SprintsnMidgets
        site and passed the NOSA duties on to someone new.

        Lifes duties have taken the forefront for the forseeable future but once I get to retirement and
        get the house etc paid for I will be back attending a few races. I'm hoping to be able to see some
        stuff I've really enjoyed over the years and some new stuff I always wanted to see. But thats a
        minimum of ten years away, probably more.

        With virtually no likelyhood of adding to my list for years, if ever, I don't see much point in
        being listed anymore. Feel free to remove me if you want. If not thats ok too, I leave it up to
        you.

        Take care and hopefully we will have the chance to cross paths again some day.

        Don McAuley

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 8, 2006
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 8, 2006
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 8, 2006
              Don,

              It is good to have an update from you. Sorry to hear you aren't going to
              any races at all. I still remember how much fun I had "barnstorming"
              through Grand Forks that Friday in 2000 and sharing a few hours of
              storytelling with you, Sue and about a million mosquitos at that great
              little dirt track. I hope you come out of racing retirement soon and I
              have a chance to catch up with you somewhere else.

              My main objective in listing TrackChasers on the web site is not just
              because they are actively adding to their lists, but to recognize
              everyone who has gone to a lot of different tracks. I don't see any
              point in removing anyone's listing and wouldn't think of taking yours
              off, but I'm glad you're OK with my decision.

              Take care and keep in touch.
              Will

              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 8, 2006
                The new track discoveries continue to flow out of this province. Last
                month another ice racing venue debuted at the Dragueneau Speedway in
                Ragueneau. This is not a typo, the track name has the added 'D' at the
                beginning. This town is way up on the north shore of the St. Lawrence,
                west of Baie-Comeau. Apparently it is a weekly ice venue for now but
                will be a dirt tri-oval this summer. Classes will include 8 cyl.
                modified, 8 cyl. stock, 4 cyl. modified, 4 cyl. stock and mud drags.
                According to the post I read, dated March 1st, it had been open for 3
                weeks at that time.

                Now I just need to determine what days they run and another l-o-n-g ride
                up Rte. 138 will be in order.

                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 9, 2006
                  From Roger,

                  Clay Center, NE, July 15@6:30 pm fair figure 8 races

                  Will
                • Don McAuley
                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 9, 2006
                    Guys,

                    Sue and I have had a lot of fun over the years going to races but the coolest part of it was
                    meeting up with some of you. Nothing like hangin out with others cut from the same cloth if you
                    know what I mean. Hopefully we will get to reaquaint ourselves again in the future. I sure haven't
                    lost interest in the sport, we just aren't in a position to travel for a few years.

                    With the website shut down my long time email address is no longer in use but you are welcome to
                    use my personal addy dmcauley5@... if you want to get a hold of me.

                    I also have a yahoo account you can use; sprintsnmidgets@.... I'm continuing to use it in
                    case I decide to reopen the site at some time. That's a possibilty because I would like to keep
                    the Winners Lists on the net if possible, but it's a daunting tast to tackle again.

                    Hope you all have a great 2006 season.

                    Don

                    --- Will White <trackchaser@...> wrote:

                    > Don,
                    >
                    > It is good to have an update from you. Sorry to hear you aren't going to
                    > any races at all. I still remember how much fun I had "barnstorming"
                    > through Grand Forks that Friday in 2000 and sharing a few hours of
                    > storytelling with you, Sue and about a million mosquitos at that great
                    > little dirt track. I hope you come out of racing retirement soon and I
                    > have a chance to catch up with you somewhere else.
                    >
                    > My main objective in listing TrackChasers on the web site is not just
                    > because they are actively adding to their lists, but to recognize
                    > everyone who has gone to a lot of different tracks. I don't see any
                    > point in removing anyone's listing and wouldn't think of taking yours
                    > off, but I'm glad you're OK with my decision.
                    >
                    > Take care and keep in touch.
                    > Will
                    >

                    > Don McAuley wrote:
                    >
                    > >Hi Will, et. all,
                    > >
                    > >Yes I'm still here, lurking. I skim the group messages regularly and visit the Trachchaser site
                    > >now and then. For all intents and purposes I'm out of the trackchasin game and racin too, for
                    > that
                    > >matter. For now anyway.
                    > >
                    > >The last race I attended was early Aug 2003. At the end of 2005 I shut down the SprintsnMidgets
                    > >site and passed the NOSA duties on to someone new.
                    > >
                    > >Lifes duties have taken the forefront for the forseeable future but once I get to retirement
                    > and
                    > >get the house etc paid for I will be back attending a few races. I'm hoping to be able to see
                    > some
                    > >stuff I've really enjoyed over the years and some new stuff I always wanted to see. But thats a
                    > >minimum of ten years away, probably more.
                    > >
                    > >With virtually no likelyhood of adding to my list for years, if ever, I don't see much point in
                    > >being listed anymore. Feel free to remove me if you want. If not thats ok too, I leave it up to
                    > >you.

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Bruce Eckel
                    Message 9 of 29 , Mar 10, 2006
                      Guy,

                      Yes, some sort of measurable standard should be put in place to
                      alleviate any potential problems.

                      As far as Citrus County we were rained out so we did not get the
                      figure 8 track there. Perhaps next February for that one. So far no new
                      tracks in 2006 for the Eckels'.

                      Bruce