8218Re: [TrackChasers] RANDY REPORT

  • Randy Lewis
    Jun 1, 2005
      Guy,

      My father-in-law enlisted in the Navy at age 15. He lied about his age to get in. He is also 78. His name is Fred Polakovic. Maybe your Dad knows him. Glad your parents liked the report. I have some great pictures of the Normandy beaches on my website. Hopefully, they can see them.

      Randy

      RTRYFBAR@... wrote:
      Randy:

      I am getting caught up reading some of the TrackChaser posts. This is a very busy time for me, with weekend trips and all of the end of the year stuff.

      I forwarded one part of your European trip report to my mom and dad, as I thought they (particularly my pop) would be interested in reading about your visit to Normandy Beach. My dad was there for D-Day, but he was in the Navy and was on a ship that carried the army personnel to (near) the beach.

      Anyway, my parents enjoyed reading about your tour and dad wanted me to tell you that he is one of the D-Day vets that is not over 80 years old. He is still 78, and was only 17 on D-Day. He was the second youngest (by two weeks) on his entire ship, and LST.

      gms