7401Re: [TrackChasers] Congratulations to Ed

  • Edward J. Esser
    Dec 1, 2004
      Thanks Randy and to you too on smashing the annual new tracks record.
      Where is #800? No Ocala trip? You can't pass up the Tucson dirt track!
      You can tell us all now!!
      I don't think I can make Hampton, VA so I am most likely done for the
      year.

      > Ed,
      >
      > Major congrats on hitting 100 new tracks for two years
      > in a row. That is excellent.
      >
      > Randy
      >
      > --- "Edward J. Esser" <ejesser@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hi All,
      > > I finally got on the road again. My manager said I
      > > must hit 100 new
      > > tracks again this year to maintain respect, so I
      > > should leave the
      > > family Thanksgiving shopping to the kids and head
      > > west. The race was
      > > the second annual Oklahoma Arena Cup and this year
      > > held in the rodeo
      > > building at the Claremore Expo. It appears that they
      > > would usually have
      > > seats all around the arena but today the removed all
      > > but one side and
      > > had a 10 row bleacher set up the full length of the
      > > building thus
      > > allowing for a larger track and banked turns. The
      > > track was very smooth
      > > and probably too hard but the micros were fast
      > > indoors and very loud as
      > > the metal building echoed well. The track got dry
      > > and took on rubber as
      > > the inside groove became the fast lane. They watered
      > > and tried to dig
      > > up a second groove during intermission but it just
      > > wasted 45 minutes.
      > > The bottom was so fast and traction so good on the
      > > rubber that Kevin
      > > Bayer was doing wheelies in the A-class feature.
      > > Thank God for websites
      > > and forums as I could not hear anything the
      > > announcer said all evening.
      > > It wasn't until I got home that I found out the
      > > racers were :11
      > > restrictor, 14 non-wing turf tire, 20 non wing, 15
      > > A-class, 16 multi
      > > and 5 junior sprints. I knew some of the cars as
      > > they were the same
      > > ones I saw race so good at Port City a few weeks
      > > ago. The night started
      > > on time at 4PM with warmups and then heats at 5:15
      > > after a small delay
      > > to construct a roof for the scorers ( I think they
      > > were getting glare
      > > from the light above). The heats and dashes were
      > > done by 6:45 but the
      > > night didn't finish until 10:20. Eric Edwards won
      > > the restrictor from
      > > the pole with Travis Smith second from 6th starting
      > > spot. The non-wing
      > > feature took six tries to start as everyone was
      > > trying to get to the
      > > pole on the first turn! Ronnie James started 7th and
      > > won over 6th
      > > starter Chris Andrews. In the A-class Chris Berreth
      > > took off from the
      > > front and withstood numerous restarts to pull away
      > > each time and win
      > > over the wheelies of Kevin Bayer. Larry Wickham won
      > > the turf tire class
      > > from the front but 8th starter Randy Seabolt was
      > > right on his tail at
      > > the finish. In the multi class Brady Bacon started
> [...]
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic