5284Re: [TrackChasers] Flagpole

  • RRodda1@aol.com
    Oct 3, 2003
      A flagpole race is when the cars come down the frontstretch and enter the
      infield to make a tight circle around a pole, then go back onto the track for the
      next lap. Sort of a lap with a loop thrown in for measure. Besides the
      contact when making the tight circle around the flagpole, there is the problem of
      crossing paths with cars starting and ending the loop. The only place I have
      seen this is at Rockford, a track that has done about everything
      promotional-wise. This is also where I saw my one and only motorcycle demolition derby.
      Ron