185902014 Week 33 TrackChaser Group Report

    Aug 21, 2014
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #189)  Another 183 track visits were added to the database during the past week.  Twenty-seven of them were 2014 additions by 15 different TrackChasers.  The other 156 were from the latest TrackChaser Research Group Project Driver to be added.

      The only people adding three new tracks this week were Bruce & Pat Eckel, as they make their way to Alaska with Allan & Nancy Brown.  Bruce and Pat added tracks in Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Montana.  Montana became the 47th different state where The Racing Eckels have seen racing.  In addition, Pat saw racing at her 700th different track, only the 20th person to achieve that mark in the group.

      Having two new tracks added during this past week were Nancy Brown, Kevin Eckert, Chuck Bollinger, Edward Corrado, Guy & Pam Smith, Brian Hickey, and Roland Vanden Eynde.  Kevin Eckert made Maine and Vermont states #44 & 45.

      Area Auto Racing News columnist Chuck Bollinger became the 53rd person listed with new tracks in 2014, it being 46 TrackChasers and 7 drivers.  Edward Corrado is now at 90 new tracks for the year.

      Single tracks were added by Allan Brown, Mike Knappenberger, Vince Sadowski, Gordy Killian, and Mike Leone.

      The Browns and Eckels made North Dakota the 42nd state visited by the group this year for new track racing, while two days later the Eckels made Montana state number 43.  Will we make it to 45?  I say: YES!

      Five TrackChasers have now seen at least 40 new tracks in 2014.

      The newest driver to have their tracks listed is Doug Wolfgang of South Dakota.  A total of 156 tracks are in the initial listing for The Wolf, ranging from 1974-1997.  Good progress was also made to the Jim Hurtubise track list.  After adding a dirt Sprint Car driver this week, look for a pavement Late Model man next week, and then our newest TrackChaser Russ Creason the following week.

      By adding 27 more 2014 tracks last week, the group total for the year is now 679.  That's not enough!  We want more!  The "week streak" has now reached 92 straight.  Incredible.  Edward Corrado is now just ten tracks away from joining the "100 Track Club".

      *****
      *

      ADDITIONAL 2014 TRACKS FROM WEEKS 1-32 (JANUARY 1 - AUGUST 10)

      ???  Chuck Bollinger--East Lincoln Speedway, NC
      07/26  Chuck Bollinger--Lancaster Speedway, SC
      08/08  Kevin Eckert--Beech Ridge Speedway, ME
      08/09  Kevin Eckert--Bear Ridge Speedway, VT

      2014 WEEK 33 ADDITIONS (AUGUST 11--AUGUST 17)

      Wednesday, August 13

      Nancy Brown--Amsoil Speedway, WI
      Bruce Eckel--Amsoil Speedway, WI
      Pat Eckel--Amsoil Speedway, WI

      Thursday, August 14

      Allan Brown--Wishek Tri-County Speedway, ND
      Nancy Brown--Wishek Tri-County Speedway, ND
      Bruce Eckel--Wishek Tri-County Speedway, ND
      Pat Eckel--Wishek Tri-County Speedway, ND

      Friday, August 15

      Mike Leone--Butler Speedway, MI
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Colombier le Vieux, France

      Saturday, August 16

      Edward Corrado--Clarke County Fairgrounds F8, VA
      Edward Corrado--Natural Bridge Speedway, VA
      Bruce Eckel--Mission Valley Speedway, MT
      Pat Eckel--Mission Valley Speedway, MT
      Mike Knappenberger--Clarke County Fairgrounds F8, VA
      Vince Sadowski--Clarke County Fairgrounds F8, VA

      Guy Smith--Pensacola Kart Raceway, FL
      Guy Smith--Flomaton Speedway, AL
      Pam Smith--Pensacola Kart Raceway, FL
      Pam Smith--Flomaton Speedway, AL

      Roland Vanden Eynde--Olargues, France

      Sunday, August 17

      Brian Hickey--Richmond Karting Speedway, ME
      Brian Hickey--Unity Speedway, ME
      Gordy Killian--Twin State Speedway (Inner), NH

      *****

      2014 SUMMARY

      2014 New Track Visits Reported --679 (+27)
      2014 Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks Added This Year--53 (+1)
      2014 US States Visited for New Tracks--43 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, WY, DC) (Missing: AK, HI, LA, MA, OR, RI, WA) (+2)
      2014 Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--6 (NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC) (+1)
      2014 Countries Visited for New Tracks--12 (AUS, BEL, CAN, DEU, FIN, FRA, GBR, NLD, NOR, NZL, POL, USA)
      (+1)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported New Track Visits--42,441 (+183)
      Lifetime Unique Number of Different Tracks Visited--(6000+, Approximate at this time)
      Lifetime Unique Track Locations Visited--
      (4600+, Approximate at this time)
      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--184
      Different Countries Where Listed Persons Have Seen Racing--76
      Total Number of Track Lists Published--114 (Deleted: 2 drivers by rule change, 1 TC by request)
      (+1)

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information already contained on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed (I am working on this for everyone)
      * Information for the "Track Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated as soon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats and to group reserach project drivers.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manner as possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of the other members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submit your ideas for changes or improvements to my website and my YahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.

      Catch ya next time!

      Guy Smith