181772014 TrackChaser Group Week 15 Summry

    Apr 17, 2014
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #171)  Kind of short and sweet this week.  The tally for week 15 was six new tracks from five different TrackChasers.  Roland Vanden Eynde was the only one to add more than one track last week, with one in Netherlands and one in France.  The other four came from Pam Smith and Jeff Sands in Virginia; & Dave Ludwig and Edward Corrado in Pennsylvania.

      Jeff Sands became the 34th on the scoreboard for 2014.  It was the 74th straight weekend with new tracks reported.

      Dave Balloch sent a picture of Tommy Hinnershitz wrenching for Jimmy Packard at Daytona, which was a track we did not have on the Tommy Hinnershitz track list and became his 115th track.

      Edward Corrado also added one non-countable track to his list.

      A new track list was added for the 16th straight week.  This week it was A. J. Foyt from Texas.  His track list is certainly missing a lot of tracks visited in the past decade or so as a car owner, as well as early in his career before joining IMCA and USAC, but I thought that since we had over 100 tracks for him the best idea was to put it on the website and available for everyone, so hopefully we could get some contributions to add to his tracks.  Currently I have 119 tracks for Foyt.

      The total this week was six from the past week, one from a previously included driver, and 119 for the latest added driver, for a total of 126 new tracks added plus the one "other".

      Continue to send good thoughts to our friend Dave Garrison, who appreciates our support.

      The six new 2014 tracks brings the total for the year to 140.  That's not enough, we want more!  Edward Corrado is now up to 33 new tracks for the year.

      *****
      *

      ADDITIONAL 2014 TRACKS FROM WEEKS 1-14 (JANUARY 1 - APRIL 6)

      none

      2014 WEEK 15 ADDITIONS (APRIL 7-APRIL 13)

      Saturday, April 12

      Dave Ludwig--Borger's Speedway, PA
      Jeff Sands--Virginia Motor Speedway, VA
      Pam Smith--Natural Bridge Speedway, VA
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Daarle (New Location), Netherlands

      Sunday, April 13

      Edward Corrado--Oreville Kart Club (Oval), PA
      Roland Vanden Eynde--La Faloise, France

      *****

      2014 SUMMARY

      2014 New Track Visits Reported --140 (+6)
      2014 Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks Added This Year--34 (+1)
      2014 US States Visited for New Tracks--19 (AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, IN, MI, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, SC, TN, TX, VA)
      2014 Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--1 (QC)
      2014 Countries Visited for New Tracks--7 (AUS, BEL, CAN, FRA, NLD, NZL, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--39,851 (+126)
      Lifetime Unique Number of Different Tracks Visited--(Approximate at this time)
      Lifetime Unique Track Locations Visited--
      (Approximate at this time)
      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--159 (+1)
      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--76
      Total Number of Track Lists Published--97 (+3 Deleted) (+1)

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information already contained on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed (I am working on this for everyone)
      * Information for the "Track Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated as soon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats and to group reserach project drivers.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manner as possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of the other members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submit your ideas for changes or improvements to my website and my YahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.

      Catch ya next time!