181522014 TrackChaser Group Week 13 Summary

    Apr 3, 2014

      (Weekly Listserve Update #169)  During the past week, a total of 123 new tracks were added to the database.  The total number of first-time race visits is now over 39,600.  The breakdown of the 123 is 5 TrackChaser from last week, 2 Research Group Project Driver (RGPD) from last week, 1 TrackChaser from earlier this year, 5 TrackChaser from before this year, and 110 from a new RGPD just added.  New tracks were reported for the 72nd consecutive weekend.

      World of Outlaws Sprint Car announcer Johnny Gibson emailed.  He was the only person to see more than one new track on a very wet last weekend.  John saw two new tracks, both in California.  John also added one track earlier this year in Australia, and five more in the latter half of last season in the US and in Australia.

      Edward Corrado emailed.  He asked what would a TrackChaser do if it was raining everywhere in the northeast?  Edward answered his own question by saying they would go see a road course race.  And that's what he did, in Virginia.  His 29th new track of the year ends an outstanding first quarter.

      Roland Vanden Eynde emailed.  He headed to Netherlands for a race at Circuit Peeljijkje, a new location and track to the database.

      Mike Leone emailed.  He drove through snow to get to the wingless sprint car race at Brownstown, Indiana that was rescheduled from Saturday to Sunday.

      Edward reported that RGPD Kenny Schrader was racing with the Chump Cars in Virginia.

      Roland reported that RGPD Juan Pablo Montoya was racing with the Indy Cars in Florida.

      A track list of 110 tracks was added for the latest RGPD, the great Dan Gurney of California.

      Edward Corrado also added a "Non TC" track by seeing motorcycles race on the North Course at VIR.

      Guy Smith became the seventh from either group to earn RTR Dual Citizenship, the partnership with Andy Ritter's "Roaming the Rinks" website, by seeing hockey arena #20 and #21 last weekend at the Adirondack Phantoms and Utica Comets games in New York, qualifying for listing status in both groups.

      Johnny Gibson made it 32 people with new tracks so far this year.  Dan Gurney made it 14 straight weeks that a new track list was added to my website.

      Mike Leone made Indiana the 17th state visited for a new track so far in 2014.  And Johnny Gibson made Australia country number seven.

      AARN photographer Jim Balentine emailed Monday that he was working on his track list that very evening, and is estimating it will be around 140 tracks.  We look forward to him joining our group.  Next RGPD driver in line to be added: Jochen Mass.

      The eight new 2014 tracks added brings the total for the year to 119.  That's not enough, we want more!  Edward Corrado's 29 is by far the most so far this season.

      *****
      *

      ADDITIONAL 2014 TRACKS FROM WEEKS 1-12 (JANUARY 1 - MARCH 23)

      01/18  Johnny Gibson--Lismore Speedway, NSW, Australia

      2014 WEEK 13 ADDITIONS (MARCH 24-MARCH 30)

      Saturday, March 29

      Edward Corrado--Virginia International Raceway (South Course), VA
      Johnny Gibson--Leemore Raceway, CA
      Kenny Schrader*--Virginia International Raceway (South Course), VA

      Sunday, March 30

      Johnny Gibson--Madera Speedway, CA
      Mike Leone--Brownstown Speedway, IN
      Juan Pablo Montoya*--Saint Petersburg Street Circuit, FL
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Circuit Peeldijkje, Netherlands

      *****

      2014
      SUMMARY

      2014 New Track Visits Reported --119
      (+8)
      2014 Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks Added This Year--31 (+1)
      2014 US States Visited for New Tracks--17 (AL, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IN, MI, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, OH, SC, TN, TX, VA) (+1)
      2014 Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--1 (QC)
      2014 Countries Visited for New Tracks--7 (AUS, BEL, CAN, FRA, NLD, NZL, USA) (+1)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--39,606 (+123)
      Lifetime Unique Number of Different Tracks Visited--(Approximate at this time)
      Lifetime Unique Track Locations Visited--
      (Approximate at this time)
      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--156 (+1)
      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--76
      Total Number of Track Lists Published--98 (3 Deleted) (+1)

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information already contained on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed (I am working on this for everyone)
      * Information for the "Track Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated as soon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats and to group reserach project drivers.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manner as possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of the other members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submit your ideas for changes or improvements to my website and my YahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.

      Catch ya next time!

      Guy Smith