18109Race Track News--Maryland

    Mar 15, 2014
      TrackChaserss:

      Historian and friend of TrackChasing Larry Jendras emailed to tell me that the famous Marlboro Motor Raceway is reopening this spring.  It started as a dirt oval, and eventually became a paved oval and road course, closing in 1970.  Those that have raced there include greats from road racing like Jackie Stewart and Mark Donhue, and oval racing heroes like Richard Petty and Cale Yarborough.  After over 40 years, it is reopening.  Alas, there is no actual racing planned, but the fact that the track is still there and the facility will be active again is certainly good news.  I am going to try to get down there some time to get photos.

      http://www.marlbororacewayevents.com

      Guy Smith