176442013 TrackChaser Week 42 Summary

    Oct 24, 2013
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #147)  The new-track slowdown that has been anticipated for the past few weeks finally arrived with the cooler weather, as this week six new 2013 track visits were added to the group total in my database.

      Edward Corrado went to what "may" have been the final race at the Canaan Dirt Speedway in New Hampshire on Saturday.

      The next day, Edward passed on his planned trip to Southwick Motorcross 338 in Massachusetts, as did Mike Knappenberger and he attended his old friend Fred Rahmer's last race, at Lincoln.  But at least one TrackChaser did make it to Southwick: Mr. Brian Hickey.  There may have been another, as Russ Currie had indicated he planned to attend what might have been the last race at that track as well.  I have not heard from Rusty yet to find out if he was there or not.

      Also on Sunday, Roland Vanden Eynde discovered a late season Autocross addition to the Dutch schedule at the Circuit Oude Baan.

      The other three additions were from group Project Driver Derek Bell.  Derek became the 44th of the year to be listed as having added a new track on my roamingtheraceways.com website.  Derek added track variations in both Germany and England.  This week we found out that Derek will be joining us at the race in the Bahamas in December, and look forward to that.

      Tracks were added on Saturday and Sunday last week.  The only new location and track was Roland's Netherlands visit to Circuit Oude Baan.  New tracks have been added each and every one of the 42 weeks of 2013.

      The six new track visits added brings the 2013 total to 739.  That's not enough, we want 750 (and more)!

      *****
      *

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEKS 1-41 (JANUARY 1 - OCTOBER 13)

      04/20  Derek Bell--Hockenheimring Querspange Circuit, Germany
      05/19  Derek Bell--Silverstone National Circuit, England, GBR
      09/28  Derek Bell--Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, England, GBR

      2013 WEEK 42 ADDITIONS (OCTOBER 14 - OCTOBER 20)

      Saturday, October 19

      Edward Corrado--
      Canaan Dirt Speedway, NH

      Sunday, October 20

      Brian Hickey--Southwick Motocross 338, MA
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Circuit Oude Baan, NLD

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--739

      Number of Group TrackChasers With New Tracks This Year--44

      US States Visited for New Tracks--41 (AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WV, WA, WI, WY)US States Not Yet Visited This Year-- (AL, AK, HI, ID, MO, NM, ND, RI, UT)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--03 (AB, ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--15 (AUS, BEL, CAN, CZE, DEN, DEU, FRA, GBR, HUN, ITA, KOR, MAR, NLD, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--36,860 (+6)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--148 (no change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information already contained on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated as soon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manner as possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of the other members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submit your ideas for changes or improvements to my website and my YahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.

      Guy Smith