17630Re: [TrackChasers] Lancaster Figure 8 races-late 1970s

    Oct 16, 2013
      A bit of internet searching revealed further evidence of figure 8 racing
      at Lancaster (NY), not only in 1977-78, but also in 1963. I don't know
      if the 1/4 mile even existed in 1963, so perhaps the first f8 racing
      there was on dirt.

      I also discovered a listing for figure 8 racing at Holland (NY) as early
      as 1977. I don't know if they had the inner f8 built yet at that time or
      if they were using the outer f8 for cars back then.

      Will

      On 10/16/2013 5:33 AM, RTRYFBAR@... wrote:
      > Thanks, Andy. I'm sure Will White is interested in this information as
      > well. I wonder if at the time they has a paved "X" as part of the inner
      > trackso that the course was all paved? Maybe some day I'll dig out some
      > Gater News papers from 1977-1978 and see if I can find a picture of the
      > figure-8 racing.
      >
      > Guy

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic