17628Re: [TrackChasers] Lancaster Figure 8 races-late 1970s

    Oct 16, 2013
      Thanks, Andy.  I'm sure Will White is interested in this information as well.  I wonder if at the time they has a paved "X" as part of the inner track so that the course was all paved?  Maybe some day I'll dig out some Gater News papers from 1977-1978 and see if I can find a picture of the figure-8 racing.

      From: andycv_105 <andycv_105@...>
      To: TrackChasers <TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Oct 15, 2013 9:17 pm
      Subject: [TrackChasers] Lancaster Figure 8 races-late 1970s

      Guy,

      Apparently there were semi-regular Figure 8 races at the Lancaster, NY speedway in the late 1970s. My brother's list has a Lancaster Figure 8 track listed with a 1980c date.The 2nd Edition of National Speedway Directory (1977) had Figure 8 listed as a division under the Lancaster National Speedway's listing.

      Also, in a 1978 Lancaster Racing Program that I have has a Figure 8 Roster listing 24 names and car numbers. So  presumably Figure 8 racing took place using the 1/4 mile inside track during the late 1970s.

      Andy S

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic