10242Ringwood Cheetahs Banger Club - #251/#101

  • Steve Rixon
    May 1, 2006
      Hi there.

      Yesterday saw me clock up #251 and Linda #101 as we visited one of the best
      kept secrets in UK Oval Racing…I don’t even think it’s on Will’s database
      !!!

      Ringwood Cheetahs is a little Banger Club in Hampshire, in the part of
      England known as the New Forest. It’s been running years, although I thought
      it had shut down as I couldn’t seem to find any info. However, a few weeks
      ago someone posted some info about it on a Banger Forum that I subscribe to,
      so a few enquiries were made and a list of dates were acquired…all I had to
      do now was find it. A google search produced directions for a model aircraft
      club, sited in the next door field, so armed with this we set off in search.
      Good job we had these as there didn’t appear to be a single sign or marker
      pointing out the track. AND, as it was right behind a big “car boot” sale, I
      ’d never have spotted it from the road.

      We paid our £5 entry and in we went…to say it was basic would be an
      understatement. If they let the undergrowth grow much higher, you won’t be
      able to see the track.

      A quick wander around the pits found what appeared to be two classes of
      “Rookie” Bangers, Juniors and Seniors…there subsequently turned out to be
      three grades of Juniors; novices, blue tops and red tops (who were allowed
      to contact). Around 50-60 cars in all.

      We had to wait three races of Juniors before the first countable class
      appeared and we “scored” the track but as the afternoon went on we were
      pleasantly surprised at some good, competitive, fun racing. Very laid back
      attitude all around and a relaxing day’s racing. Good Fun!

      So Will…get it on the database and I have dates if anyone wishes to visit
      !!!

      Spike & Linda (UK’s #1 Male & Female Trackchasers !!!)

      PS #252 & #102 Fleet Motor Club Fig.8 (thanks for tip off Will) today,
      Monday 1st May (public holiday in the UK).