Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Charles Pugh

  • Lana Freeman
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 21 3:33 PM
      I forgot to add this information I found on Edward.

      Will of Edward Pugh, written 17th January 1829 and proved October 4, 1831.

      In the name of God, Amen, I Edward Pugh of South Carolina, Laruens District, being weak in body and well stricken in age but of sound mind and Memory Blessed be to the Almighty God for the same, do make and publish this my last Will and Testament in manner and form following. Viz, that is to say.

      First I give unto my son, William Pugh, one dollar because he has had his part and all my Estate my Land, Stock and Household furniture and everything I possess, I give unto my Four daughters, Polly Cumpton, wife of William Cumpton, Elizabeth Gilbert, wife of William Gilbert, Nancy Spurgin, Widow. Nancy Spurgin is to have Fifty dollars lest than my other daughters, Sally Pugh, single woman, these my four daughters, shall have all I possess, according to the above directions and my executor shall have power to sell and make sale of any rights to my land the same as I would myself and I do appoint my son-in-law, William Gilbert, my Executor to this my last Will and Testament. In witness hereof, I have set my hand and seal on this the 17th day of January 1829.

      EDWARD PUGH (his legal signature and seal)

      Signed, sealed in the presents of:

      Joseph Brown, Jacob Roberts, Joseph Allen

      On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM, kimwestermanbroer <kimwestermanbroer@...> wrote:

      Wow! Was I happy when I ran across this group. There is so much information and knowledge here, I spent the better part of last reading through group postings.

      Working on my family, both my cousin and I have come to a stop with Charles Pugh. Here are bits and pieces we have so far.

      Charles Pugh born 1849. Married to Myrrha/Mara/Mira Boyd/Boyle born 1853. They had a daughter Clara Pugh born 1871 who married Frank Armstrong. Other children were Samuel Pugh born 1871, Barbara Elizabeth Pugh born 1875, Edward W. Pugh born 1877, David A. Pugh born 1879.
      They were both living with the Lot Morrow family. Charles was a laborer on the farm and Myrrha was a housekeeper. They lived in Richland Twp in Allegheny County.

      We can't trace back to Charles parents. Anyone familiar with this particular Pugh family?

      Thank you!
      Kim Westerman-Broer

      --
      Lana Freeman
      2934 SW 6th

      “Child abuse casts a shadow the length of a lifetime.” Herbert Ward