Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] My 6th gr grandfather, Jacob Pugh, Hardy County, Virginia

  • Mervyn Richard Pugh
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29 5:22 AM
      Hi Carol,

      I am still tracing my PUGH line. Most of them came from Towyn in Merieonyddshire North Wales. I have not noticed in my research, of any family members going to the States, though I am sure that many did so!!.

      Looking at the family names in 1790 to date there are no Jacob Pugh .If you have any information about any Pugh members from North I willgladly help if I can.

      yours

      Mervyn R Pugh
      On 29 Aug 2012, at 12:35, Oldpol2 wrote:

      > I am hoping to make connections with descendants of Jacob Pugh B 1725 in Hardy county, VA and died in Hardy County in 1816. His daughter was Lucretia Pugh, married to Isaac Oldaker.
      >
      > I have found much of my information in the Oldacre/Oldaker Story, by Edward Oldaker. According to his book he personally found the Headstone for Jacob Pugh and it stated that Jacob died 25 July 1816 at the age of 91. He is buried at the "Old Meetinghouse Cemetery" on Trout Run.
      >
      > My mom's brother tested with FTDNA and there are three trees that have the Pugh family name but I do not recognize them. If any of you could assist me it would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Carol

    • Carol Delahoyde
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29 1:16 PM
        Mervyn thanks so much. At this point my Pughs are rather encapsulated because I am descended through the female line. When I have more info I will most definitely keep you in mind.

        Regards,
        Carol

            I am still tracing my PUGH line. Most of them came from Towyn in Merieonyddshire North Wales. I have not noticed in my research, of any family members going to the States, though I am sure that many did so!!.

            Looking at the family names in 1790 to date there are no Jacob Pugh .If you have any information about any Pugh members from North I willgladly help if I can.

          yours

        Mervyn R Pugh
        On 29 Aug 2012, at 12:35, Oldpol2 wrote:

        > I am hoping to make connections with descendants of Jacob Pugh B 1725 in Hardy county, VA and died in Hardy County in 1816. His daughter was Lucretia Pugh, married to Isaac Oldaker.
        >
        > I have found much of my information in the Oldacre/Oldaker Story, by Edward Oldaker. According to his book he personally found the Headstone for Jacob Pugh and it stated that Jacob died 25 July 1816 at the age of 91. He is buried at the "Old Meetinghouse Cemetery" on Trout Run.
        >
        > My mom's brother tested with FTDNA and there are three trees that have the Pugh family name but I do not recognize them. If any of you could assist me it would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Carol

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: