Julia PUGH d. 28 July 1911 - Kansas City, KS

  • DWAYNE PETTYJON
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2010
      I received this on another list and wanted to share with the group.  This isn't my line but thought it might be of help to someone.

      Maty still searching Mastin Green Pugh

      "The Kansas City Star" (Missouri) Sunday, July 30, 1911

      DIED WITH HER HOUSE IN ORDER.

      Mrs. Julia PUGH, wife of Charles PUGH, a carpenter, swept her home, 1902
      South Fourteenth Street, Kansas City, Kas., Friday afternoon, and dusted the
      furniture.  Then she prepared supper for her husband.  When the meal was
      cooked and on the table she went to her bedroom.  She dressed herself in her
      best clothing and took laudanum.

      When PUGH reached home he found his wife unconscious on the bed.  Doctors
      were called, but they could not save her.  Mrs. PUGH died yesterday.

      Her husband found the following note in her pocketbook:

      "Dear Charlie, I don't like to leave you, but I can't bear the suffering any
      longer.  Be good and good-by."

      Mrs. PUGH had been in poor health several months.  Funeral services will be
      at the home at 3 o'clock this afternoon.  Burial will be in Maple Hill
      Cemetery.

      I have no connection with this family but I'd

      appreciate knowing if this posting was helpful.

    • Mary
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2011
        Maty, I noticed you are searching Mastin Green Pugh. Mastin is my gr-gr-grandfather. Would love hearing from you.

        Mary

        --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, DWAYNE PETTYJON <mpettyjon@...> wrote:

        > I received this on another list and wanted to share with the group.  This isn't
        > my line but thought it might be of help to someone.
        >
        > Maty still searching Mastin Green Pugh
        >

        > "The Kansas City Star" (Missouri) Sunday, July 30, 1911
        >

        > DIED WITH HER HOUSE IN ORDER.
        >

        > Mrs. Julia PUGH, wife of Charles PUGH, a carpenter, swept her home, 1902
        > South Fourteenth Street, Kansas City, Kas., Friday afternoon, and dusted the
        > furniture.  Then she prepared supper for her husband.  When the meal was
        > cooked and on the table she went to her bedroom.  She dressed herself in her
        > best clothing and took laudanum.
        >

        > When PUGH reached home he found his wife unconscious on the bed.  Doctors
        > were called, but they could not save her.  Mrs. PUGH died yesterday.
        >

        > Her husband found the following note in her pocketbook:
        >

        > "Dear Charlie, I don't like to leave you, but I can't bear the suffering any
        > longer.  Be good and good-by."
        >

        > Mrs. PUGH had been in poor health several months.  Funeral services will be
        > at the home at 3 o'clock this afternoon.  Burial will be in Maple Hill
        > Cemetery.

        > I have no connection with this family but I'd
        >
        > appreciate knowing if this posting was helpful.

      • Dorthy Casten
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2011
          who is Maty???

        • BIKEBEN@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2011
            Hello, you must have me confused with someone else.  I have not been looking for Maty or Mastin.  I am looking for info about my ggrandmother Mary Ann Pugh.

            Good luck in your searching.

            Ben Morgan Pugh     Bikeben@...

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30, 2011
              Sorry.  On your post was "Maty still searching Mastin Green Pugh"  It must have been left over from another post.

              Thank you for the best wishes.

              Mary