Isaac Pugh Bible

  • William Hand
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2010
    To All:
    I have decided to donate the Isaac PUGH (1785 - 1839) bible published in 1812 to the museum in Grove Hill Alabama.  This will be accomplished when the history marker is placed on the Old Pugh Cemetery in the next several months.
    I hope that anyone that is related to Isaac PUGH (1785 - 1839) of Clarke Co. Alabama will be able to use this bible as a reference.
    I have a copy of a letter that Isaac signed and have determined that Isaac himself wrote the dates of his family in the family.
    Sample page attached.

    William (Bill) Pugh Hand
    PAO  US Army MARS
    Region 4, Tennessee

  • Mark Pugh
    Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2010
      Thanks so much, Bill! I think this is a great way to preserve our Pugh memorabilia for future generations.

      Thanks again,
      Mark Pugh
    • Daniela Moneta
      Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2010

        I agree with Mark, it was good of you to donate your family Bible for future generations. Thanks also for your service to our country. We appreciate you all very much.

        Daniela

      • Albert S Pugh IV
        Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27, 2010

          This is great as I am a descendant of Elijah Stewart Pugh who’s birth was recorded on the page you sent.

          Albert S Pugh IV

          8925 FM 1130

          Orange, TX 77632