Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] John B. Pugh (born abt 1836) Ancestors

  • Susan Rosine
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 9, 2010
      Gordon,
      Go to your personal myFTDNA page and click on Join Projects and then look for Wales-Cymru. Click on that and fill out the request form with the earliest Welsh Pugh ancestor you've been able to trace (name, birth date if known, place, etc.)
      Susan
      Wales DNA project co-admin

      From: Ipxcat@...
      Sender: Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:31:11 EDT
      To: <Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] John B. Pugh (born abt 1836) Ancestors

      In a message dated 8/9/2010 4:19:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, basenji_luvr@ yahoo.com writes:
      Anyone who has traced their DNA line back to Wales is welcome in our project. We already have several Pugh lines in the project!
      Susan

      I have been tested several years ago and it looks like I go back to Wales and then to possibly Belgium. What do you need?

      Gordon Pugh
      Athens, Vermont
    • Susan Rosine
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 9, 2010
        Ben, did you see the directions I gave to Gordon on how to also join the Wales DNA project?

        From: BIKEBEN@...
        Sender: Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 18:35:57 -0400
        To: <Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com

        I am a member of the Pugh DNA testing group.

        John H Pugh. born in wales 1833, died Penn 1871

        Hugh Pugh(A)  born 16 Aug 1797, died 1 Dec 1893
        Hugh Pugh (B) born abt 1750

        BEN M PUGH

        Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 13:27:52 -0400

        Hello Brent,

        I can not help you with your Pugh lineage.

        My g grandfather came from Wales about 1850 to Penn. He died at the age of 39.  His son, my grandfather was born at Johnstown PA.

        My father John S Pugh was born at Ward Colo.  So we have about 5 generations in the US.

        GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GENEALOGY.

        BEN M PUGH

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 9, 2010
          Okay...back on topic...any help with John B. Pugh's ancestors?