Lucy M. Pugh

  • dormannelson
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 24, 2010
      Howdy, Tracing Pugh family through Lucy M. Pugh.
      She married Thomas B. Jordan--I have a note they both died August 31, 1900.
      The area Carrolton County, Missouri......Thank you.

      (children of this marriage: James A., Ethella B., Margarette A., Grace M.)

      Dorman Nelson
    • dormannelson
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 24, 2010
        Howdy, Tracing Pugh family through Lucy M. Pugh.
        She married Thomas B. Jordan--I have a note they both died August 31, 1900.
        The area Carrolton County, Missouri......Thank you.

        (children of this marriage: James A., Ethella B., Margarette A., Grace M.)

        Dorman Nelson
      • Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr, DO
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 24, 2010
          This is the line I've been researching extensively. I'll have to dig up my notes but I can say with certainty that Lucy Pugh married a man whose last name was Pudder. They settled in what is now Webster County WV. She is the sister of my g-g-g-grandfather Lilburn Curtis Pugh.

          Please feel free to e-mail me privately.

          Sincerely
          Darrell Pugh

          (Sent from my iPhone)

          On Jan 24, 2010, at 2:49 PM, "Jeff Pugh" <jpughdog@...> wrote:

          I have a Lucy M. Pugh (b.c. 1839) daughter of Lewis Pugh and Susan McDaniel, but nothing else. Just a fragment from the Internet that found its way into my file. Be cautious in using this, it needs to be researched. Maybe someone on-list can fill in if this sounds like your Lucy. Here is what I have:

          Family Group Sheet for Lewis Pugh

          Husband:

          Lewis Pugh

          Birth:

          1799 in Nelson County, VA

          Death:

          1870 in Pocahontas County, VA

          Marriage:

          23 Jul 1825 in Albemarle County, VA

          Father:

          John Pugh Jr.

          Mother:

          Wife:

          Susan McDaniel

          Birth:

          1802 in Pocahontas County, VA

          Father:

          Mother:

          Children:

          1

          Name:

          John C. Pugh

          Birth:

          1825

          2

          Name:

          Ira E. Pugh

          Birth:

          1827

          3

          Name:

          Lorenzo Pugh

          Birth:

          1831

          4

          Name:

          Curtis Lelburn Pugh

          Birth:

          1832 in Nelson County, VA

          Marriage:

          Spouse:

          Harriet N. Arbogast

          5

          Name:

          Nancy Y. Pugh

          Birth:

          1833

          6

          Name:

          Sarah A. Pugh

          Birth:

          1835

          7

          Name:

          Mary E. Pugh

          Birth:

          1836

          8

          Name:

          Lucy M. Pugh

          Birth:

          1839

          9

          Name:

          Wilson C. Pugh

          Birth:

          1842

          10

          Name:

          Virginia Anna Pugh

          Birth:

          1845

          Death:

          Abt. 1925 in Webster County, WV (near Hacker Valley)

          Spouse:

          Riley Anderson

          Notes

          <image001.png>

          Susan McDaniel

          .230

          <image002.png>

          John C. Pugh

          .576

          <image002.png><image001.png>

          Page 1 of 2                    Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:41:46 PM

          Family Group Sheet for Lewis Pugh

          <image003.png>

          Notes (con't)

          Ira E. Pugh

          .577

          <image002.png>

          Lorenzo Pugh

          .578

          <image002.png>

          Curtis Lelburn Pugh

          .202

          <image002.png>

          Nancy Y. Pugh

          .579

          <image002.png>

          Sarah A. Pugh

          .580

          <image002.png>

          Mary E. Pugh

          .581

          <image002.png>

          Lucy M. Pugh

          .582

          <image002.png>

          Wilson C. Pugh

          .583

          <image002.png>

          Virginia Anna Pugh

          .584

          <image001.png>

          Page 2 of 2                    Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:41:46 PM

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 24, 2010
            Dorman: Can't help much but here goes: Jim Pugh

            Washington Alexander Pugh

            First Generation

            1. Washington Alexander Pugh was born1,2,3,4,5 on 4 Jul 1825 in Campbell County, Virginia.. He died6 on 28 Mar 1923 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri. The cause of death was Cerebral Hemorrage with "senility". He was buried7 on 30 Mar 1923 in near Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.

            Living with daughter Mary L Reno and husband Edward in 1900, 1910 & 1920 census. Is listed as 75/85/97 years old and a widow and shows he was married 3 times. Lived to be 97 years, 8 months, 24 days at death on 28 March 1923 at 6:30 p.m. based on death certificate.
            *****
            Washington married (1) Virginia Unknown . Virginia was born8 about 1825 in prob Campbell County, Virginia..

            Washington married (2) Maria Stewart . Maria was born9 in prob Missouri.

            They had the following children:

            2 F i. Sue Pugh was born10 in Missouri.
            Sue married Joseph Adams . Joseph was born11 in prob Missouri.

            Washington married (3) Rachel Louis Robertson . Rachel was born12,13,14,15 in 1834 in Virginia. She died before 1900 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.

            They had the following children:

            3 F ii. Martha A Pugh was born16 in 1852 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.

            4 F iii. Bridgette S Pugh was born17,18 in 1853 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.

            + 5 F iv. Mittie B Pugh was born in May 1854.

            + 6 F v. Lucy A Pugh was born in Mar 1855. She died on 31 Aug 1900.

            7 F vi. Betty Pugh was born19 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri. She died in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri. The cause of death was "died in infancy".

            + 8 F vii. Mary L Pugh was born in 1859.

            Second Generation

            5. Mittie B Pugh (Washington Alexander) was born20,21,22,23 in May 1854 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.

            "Mattie" in 1900 census.

            Mittie married Robert W Glenn . Robert was born24,25 in Jun 1847 in Virginia.

            In 1880 census both parents listed as being born in Virginia. In 1900 census in Carroll County, Missouri is listed as a carpenter/contractor and married for 27 years with 5 children and 2 living.
            ********
            Robert and Mittie had the following children:

            9 M i. Ernest Glenn was born26 in 1877 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.
            10 F ii. Babe Glenn was born27 in May 1879 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.
            11 F iii. Ada Beulah Glenn was born28 in May 1881 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.
            12 F iv. Lela Glenn was born29 in Sep 1884 in Colorado.

            6. Lucy A Pugh (Washington Alexander) was born30,31 in Mar 1855 in Missouri. She died32 on 31 Aug 1900 in Carrolton County, Missouri.

            Lucy married Thomas B Jordan . Thomas was born33,34 in Dec 1857 in Virginia. He died35 on 31 Aug 1900 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.

            In 1900 census for Chariton County, Missouri had been married for 26 years with 4 children born to him and all living. Was listed as a Railroad agent.
            ******

            Thomas and Lucy had the following children:

            13 M i. James A Jordan was born36,37,38 in Feb 1875 in Missouri. Is listed in the 1900 census for Chariton County, Missouri and was listed as a "baggageman" on the railroad.
            14 F ii. Ethella B Jordan was born39,40,41 in Mar 1877 in Missouri. "Estella in 1880 census"
            15 F iii. Margarette A Jordan was born42,43,44 in Apr 1880 in Missouri. "Maggie in 1880 census".
            16 F iv. Grace M Jordan was born45,46 in Aug 1882 in Missouri.

            8. Mary L Pugh (Washington Alexander) was born47,48,49,50,51 in 1859 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri. In 1910 census was married for 25 years (1885) and had 2 children with both living. Father W A Pugh living with her and family.

            Mary married52 Edward C Reno in 1885 in prob Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri. Edward was born53,54 in 1862 in Illinois.Both parents born in Virginia in 1910 census.

            Edward and Mary had the following children:

            17 M i. Edward A Reno was born55 in May 1886 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.

            18 F ii. Mary W Reno was born56,57,58 in Jul 1889 in Brunswick Township, Chariton County, Missouri.

            Appendix A - Sources

            1. Pugh Research/Nelson, Research/Nelson, Dorman.
            2. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1860, Library - AL, Jefferson County, 2100 Park PL, Birmingham, AL, 35203-2794, U.S.A., Internet Edition.
            3. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1870, Library - AL, Jefferson County, 2100 Park PL, Birmingham, AL, 35203-2794, U.S.A., Internet Edition.
            4. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880, Library - AL, Jefferson County, 2100 Park PL, Birmingham, AL, 35203-2794, U.S.A., Internet Edition.
            5. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1920, Library - AL, Jefferson County, 2100 Park PL, Birmingham, AL, 35203-2794, U.S.A., Internet Edition.
            6. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            7. Marker in Cemetery.
            8. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            9. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            10. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            11. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            12. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            13. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1860.
            14. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1870.
            15. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            16. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1870.
            17. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            18. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1860.
            19. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            20. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            21. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1860.
            22. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            23. US Census - Carroll Co, MO 1900, Library - AL, Jefferson County, 2100 Park PL, Birmingham, AL, 35203-2794, U.S.A., Internet Edition.
            24. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            25. US Census - Carroll Co, MO 1900.
            26. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            27. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            28. US Census - Carroll Co, MO 1900.
            29. US Census - Carroll Co, MO 1900.
            30. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            31. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            32. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            33. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1900, Library - AL, Jefferson County, 2100 Park PL, Birmingham, AL, 35203-2794, U.S.A., Internet Edition.
            34. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            35. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            36. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            37. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1900.
            38. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            39. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            40. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1900.
            41. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            42. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            43. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1900.
            44. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            45. Pugh Research/Nelson.
            46. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1900.
            47. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1860.
            48. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1870.
            49. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1880.
            50. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1910, Library - AL, Jefferson County, 2100 Park PL, Birmingham, AL, 35203-2794, U.S.A., Internet Edition.
            51. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1920.
            52. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1910.
            53. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1910.
            54. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1920.
            55. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1900.
            56. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1900.
            57. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1910.
            58. US Census - Chariton Co, MO 1920.
          • Dorman Nelson
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 24, 2010
              Howdy,

              Thank you.
              Who would be interested or know about the photos and obits I have for this side of the family?

              Dorman

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 24, 2010
                Yeah, I'd be interested to see what you have. I got to wondering if we're talking about the same Lucy Pugh?

                Sincerely
                Darrell Pugh

                (Sent from my iPhone)

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 24, 2010
                  This would be the Lucy that is listed below born in 1855.
                  She married into the Jordan family. (and Skakel clan)
                  I have photos of that group........
                  Some are not noted as to who is whom.

                  Dorman

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 25, 2010
                        Yeah, I think we are talking about different Lucy Pughs. Mine died in West Virginia and married a guy named Pudder.

                        Thanks
                        Darrell

                        (Sent from my iPhone)

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 24, 2010
                          Darrell,
                          Didn't Lucy marry a Dick Pudder? Their son James' death record is on the wvculture.org/vrr website, and James is buried at the Hacker Valley Cemetery (according to the death record). I didn't look to see if Lucy or Richard/Dick are buried there.

                          Thanks,
                          Lora
                          (also decended from Lewis Pugh and Susan McDaniel)

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 24, 2010
                            Howdy,
                            The Lucy I have the obit for married a Jordan. I can look at my notes and see
                            if there are more family members listed.
                            Dorman

                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 24, 2010
                              The other Lucy Pugh they're talking about is Lucy A Pugh. Our Lucy Pugh is Lucy M Pugh.

                              I'll write more this weekend concerning what I've found so far on Lewis Pugh.

                              Darrell

                              (Sent from my iPhone)

                            • Lora Sellers
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 25, 2010

                                I’m sorry, I guess when I posted what I wrote I wasn’t specific enough and should have said the Lucy Pugh that Darrell had mentioned married Dick Pudder, but I didn’t know anything about the Lucy Pugh that was first mentioned.