Hello All

  • blue_deboyd
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 25, 2009
      Hi I am new to all this and not sure where to begin. My Fathers name was Ray A Pugh And I would like to find out more about my heritage. So can any one here help me with this and if so what all do I need to help in this prossess. Thanks Lisa A Pugh DeBoyd
    • Michelle Slabaugh
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 25, 2009
        Where did your Pugh family live?

        Hi I am new to all this and not sure where to begin. My Fathers name was Ray A Pugh And I would like to find out more about my heritage. So can any one here help me with this and if so what all do I need to help in this prossess. Thanks Lisa A Pugh DeBoyd

      • Blue DeBoyD
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 25, 2009
          Well when my father past he was in Colorado 1996 His father was Thomas coke pugh he passed in 1983 in Westmemphis Ark. His father was A J Pugh not sure where from I know we have a family Grave Yard in Hunington Tenn. Hope this will help

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 25, 2009

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 25, 2009
              I am new and really don't understand why it keeps coming back to me but I am trying to answer you

              Well when my father past he was in Colorado 1996 His father was Thomas coke pugh he passed in 1983 in Westmemphis Ark. His father was A J Pugh not sure where from I know we have a family Grave Yard in Hunington Tenn. Hope this will help

              Hi I am new to all this and not sure where to begin. My Fathers name was Ray A Pugh And I would like to find out more about my heritage. So can any one here help me with this and if so what all do I need to help in this prossess. Thanks Lisa A Pugh DeBoyd

            • DWAYNE PETTYJON
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 25, 2009
                Is this your Thomas Coke Pugh?

                Social Security Death Index
                about Thomas Pugh

                Name:Thomas Pugh
                SSN:433-09-0881
                Last Residence:72301  West Memphis, Crittenden, Arkansas, United States of America
                Born:21 Sep 1906
                Died:May 1983
                State (Year) SSN issued:Louisiana (Before 1951)
                If you provide more information, I mght be able to help you locate information on your family at Ancestry.

                Mary

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 25, 2009
                  Yes that is my grand father

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 25, 2009
                    Ok My Great Grandfathers name was Alonzo Kingston Pugh He had a Brother named William Pugh they married sisters Last name of bowden my great grandmother's name was Sophia ElizabethBowden pugh and her sister's name was Navada. They lived in Hunnington Tennessee. Our family plots are located at Long Rock Methodist Church in Hunnington Tn
                    This is all I know Thanks every one

                    I am new and really don't understand why it keeps coming back to me but I am trying to answer you

                    Well when my father past he was in Colorado 1996 His father was Thomas coke pugh he passed in 1983 in Westmemphis Ark. His father was A J Pugh not sure where from I know we have a family Grave Yard in Hunington Tenn. Hope this will help

                    Hi I am new to all this and not sure where to begin. My Fathers name was Ray A Pugh And I would like to find out more about my heritage. So can any one here help me with this and if so what all do I need to help in this prossess. Thanks Lisa A Pugh DeBoyd

                  • really49090
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 27, 2009
                      > Hi I am new to all this and not sure where to begin. My Fathers name was Ray A Pugh And I would like to find out more about my heritage. So can any one here help me with this and if so what all do I need to help in this prossess. Thanks Lisa A Pugh DeBoyd
                      **************
                      Here is what I have in my files for your family: (JIM PUGH)

                      Descendants of John Pugh

                      1. John Pugh (b.1807-North Carolina;d.14 Oct 1874-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      sp: Didamy Scoggins (b.1796-South Carolina;d.aft 1880 census-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      2. James O Pugh (b.Oct 1828-Alabama/Georgia)
                      sp: Mary R Unknown (b.Jun 1835-South Carolina;m.1858)
                      3. Francis C Pugh (b.1853/1858-Georgia/Tennessee)
                      2. Walter Crandall Pugh (b.Feb 1834-Georgia)
                      sp: Turzy A Unknown (b.Jan 1841-Tennessee;m.1861)
                      3. Donnifrio J Pugh (b.Sep 1861-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      sp: Laura A Unknown (b.Mar 1873-Tennessee;m.1893)
                      4. Maude Pugh (b.1906-Gibson County,Tennessee)
                      3. James N Pugh (b.1865-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      3. Rueben S Pugh (b.Apr 1866-Tennessee)
                      sp: Mary Unknown (b.Jul 1864-Tennessee;m.1887)
                      4. Nila? Pugh (b.May 1887-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      4. Malcom Pugh (b.Jul 1888-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      4. Etta M Pugh (b.May 1893-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      3. John L Pugh (b.Dec 1868-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      sp: Nettie E Unknown (b.Jul 1878-Tennessee;m.1896)
                      4. Lilly Pugh (b.Oct 1898-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      4. Hester Pugh (b.1903-Tennessee)
                      3. Thomas Matthew Pugh (b.Sep 1870-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      sp: Maude M Unknown (b.Aug 1883-Tennessee;m.1898)
                      4. Nora L Pugh (b.1901-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      4. James W Pugh (b.1903-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      4. Raba N Pugh (b.1907-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      3. Edgar W Pugh (b.Apr 1871-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      sp: Ider(Ila) B Unknown (b.1868-Tennessee;m.1894)
                      4. Nathan Hale Pugh (b.1896-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      3. Alonzo Kingston Pugh (b.1872-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      sp: Sophia Elizabeth Bowden
                      4. Thomas Coke Pugh (b.21 Sep 1906-Huntingdon,Carroll County,Tennessee;d.May 1983-WM,CC,Arkansas 72301)
                      sp: UNKNOWN
                      5. Ray A Pugh (b.17 Mar 1943-Huntingdon,Carroll County,Tennessee;d.1996-Colorada)
                      sp: UNKNOWN
                      6. Lisa A Pugh
                      3. Walker E W Pugh (b.Apr 1874-Tennessee)
                      sp: Ada Unknown (b.Apr 1881-Tennessee;m.1897)
                      4. Annie Pugh (b.Nov 1897-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      4. Elvis Pugh (b.6 Mar 1900-Carroll County,Tennessee;d.Oct 1974-Bertrand,Mississippi County,Missouri 63823)
                      4. Ophelia Pugh (b.1902-Gibson County,Tennessee)
                      4. Rennie? Pugh (b.1904-Gibson County,Tennessee)
                      4. Bertha Pugh (b.1908-Gibson County,Tennessee)
                      3. William E Pugh (b.18 Jun 1878-Carroll County,Tennessee;d.Jun 1970-Huntingdon,Carroll County,Tennessee 38344)
                      sp: Levada Bowden (b.1890-Tennessee)
                      4. Aline Pugh
                      sp: Unk Eskew
                      3. Martha A Pugh (b.Jul 1880-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                      3. Luther G Pugh (b.Jun 1882-Carroll County,Tennessee)

                      PLEASE ADD ANY ADDITIONS OR CORRECTION TO THIS DATA SO WE CAN UPDATE THIS FILES.
                    • Blue DeBoyD
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 27, 2009
                        Wow! I am speechless!!! Not sure how to interpret all of this but thanks ever so much for what you have sent me. Is John pugh part of the Welch Pughs? Thanks Again Lisa Pugh

                        ************ **

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 27, 2009
                          About your question on Welch Pughs.  Are you refering to Welch as a given name or a surname?
                          I will continue to find Census information on your family now that I know more.

                          Mary Pettyjohn

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 27, 2009
                            I am sorry my son was talking about a welch pony I ment to say Wales when I wrote welch. I remember as a child finding some things in my grand mothers keepsakes about us having royal relitives so I was just wondering if we might have been kin to the Pugh's from Wales. Thanks so much Lisa

> [...]

                            6. Lisa A Pugh
                            3... Walker E W Pugh (b.Apr 1874-Tennessee)
                            sp: Ada Unknown (b.Apr 1881-Tennessee; m.1897)
                            4. Annie Pugh (b.Nov 1897-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                            4.. Elvis Pugh (b.6 Mar 1900-Carroll County,Tennessee; d.Oct 1974-Bertrand, Mississippi County,Missouri 63823)
                            4. Ophelia Pugh (b.1902-Gibson County,Tennessee)
                            4. Rennie? Pugh (b.1904-Gibson County,Tennessee)
                            4. Bertha Pugh (b.1908-Gibson County,Tennessee)
                            3. William E Pugh (b.18 Jun 1878-Carroll County,Tennessee; d.Jun 1970-Huntingdon, Carroll County,Tennessee 38344)
                            sp: Levada Bowden (b.1890-Tennessee)
                            4. Aline Pugh
                            sp: Unk Eskew
                            3. Martha A Pugh (b.Jul 1880-Carroll County,Tennessee)
                            3. Luther G Pugh (b.Jun 1882-Carroll County,Tennessee)

                            PLEASE ADD ANY ADDITIONS OR CORRECTION TO THIS DATA SO WE CAN UPDATE THIS FILES...

                          • Dorthy Casten
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 27, 2009
                              If you've been told you descend from royalty, then you'e heard the same story as a LOT of the rest of us.

                              Dorthy Casten (mother of 3 Pugh kids)

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 27, 2009
                                Yes well somewhere in my storage I have some things that belong to a Duke That was a Pugh not sure where they were from but like I said I do have the paperwork and my grand mother told me when I was about 9 that it was from my grandfathers side. Never could figure out what is all ment just held on to it for my children. And then when I started this it all came back to me. Any way figured I would share this. Thanks Lisa

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 27, 2009
                                  Lisa, thank you for sharing.

                                  Mary

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 28, 2009
                                    Lisa:

                                    I never pursued this John Pugh born in 1807 as he not in my line. Here is what I have in notes on him:

                                    John Pugh served as - Private - Company F - 7th Tennessee Cavalry Roster (Union).
                                    Posted by: John Kelly Ross, Jr. (ID *****0293) Date: March 26, 2004

                                    I am looking for the parents and siblings of my ancestors JOHN PUGH (born about 1798 in Orange County, North Carolina and died October 14, 1874, in Carroll County) and his wife Didamy SCOGGINS/SCROGGINS (born about 1796 in North Carolina and died August 15, 1886, in Carroll County). John served at age 64 (!) as a private in the 7th Tennessee Cavalry Regiment . According to John Pugh's and his widow's Union Army pension applications they were married October 1817 in Jackson County, Georgia. The 1820 Jackson County, GA, census has John Pugh living next door to a Benjamin Scoggins the correct age to be the father of Didamy. The only Pugh in Jackson County old enough to be the father of John was a Sampson Pugh. Was John Pugh a son of Sampson Pugh? Was Didamy Scoggins a daughter of Benjamin Scoggins. Listed as being born in Georgia in 1860 census.

                                    You might want to contact this John Kelly Ross, Jr as he posted this data in 2004. Jim Pugh