The recent recap and some notes

  • Ipxcat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008
      In a message dated 11/2/2008 10:22:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, aaaerstowr@... writes:
      always
      trying to find out more
      As are we. The latest summary from jpughdog is a great help in sorting out posts that might make connections Thanks, Jeff

      Incidentally my web sites all went down last weekend when AOL pulled the plug on their servers. Lost some 14 MB and 680 files from Internet access.  Fortunately I was able to get to the servers and download all the files. If I had a static IP address I could serve them myself but they are not available in this rural area.  Several of the kittens/cats pages have been put back on a freebie hosting site. So far just enough to show off the four available Maine Coon kittens, now three months old. We have four pedigreed Maine Coon kittens available now. AOL will decommission their photo album site at the end of this month. I'm just wondering if they are getting ready to fold.  I d like their email and I have found other servers that have very convenient FTP applications for accessing and loading files. And they don't get hung up with "lost connection"like AOL has been doing for several months.

      I'm alive and kicking again but with a new hip joint in place and our driveway has been relocated so it may be usable all winter. Tool the steep grade down to about 50% of what it was and have installed a new power feed for the house to replace the direct buried 200 amp service that was messed up by lightning in mid 2007. So now we will not have the service draped through the trees. The feed survived one winter but might not have made ti through a second.

      The VA did a too thorough search for why my hip disintegrated and even after not finding infection or malignancy in the joint they kept at it and did find something called MGUS  (uunknown  ssignificance) that will turn into cancer in one out of five before something else gets the patient. I get tested every three months now. Guess their massive efforts did pay off in the end for now if they find something amiss it can be controlled much more easily.

      Winter is coming to Vermont. Killington Ski Area is open and we have had some snow and nights down to about 10 degrees F. With winter here can spring be far away? Ha!

      Gordon