Pughs of Danville and Del Ray, Virginia

  • Doug Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2008
      Hello, I just joined the group.

      I know very little of my Pugh family.

      Here is what I know:

      My grandfather, Rodney Pugh, was born in Del Ray (Alexandria),
      Virginia on May 8, 1922. His father, William Jefferson "WJ" Pugh was
      born July 11, 1887, possibly in Danville, VA. He died February 26 1942
      and was married to Rosa Gladys Sheffield. He had a sister named Sallie
      Ann, a sister named Lillie and a brother named George.

      George Pughs parents were George W. Pugh and Lucy Virginia Corbin. I
      have no birth or death date for either. I have information that may or
      may not be accurate going further down the Corbin side, but that is
      where my information regarding the Pugh line stops.

      If anyone could point me in the right direction to get a little deeper
      in the tree, that would be greatly appreciated.