RE: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Thank you

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2008

      Christopher,

      You are most welcome.  I am sorry we have not been much help to you so far.  I have tried but have not come up with anything yet.  Just a reminder for everyone, Christopher descends from James and Jane (Evans) Pugh who came to Luzerne County, PA from Wales before 1870.  We have not been able to locate them in Wales.

      Jeff

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2008
        Thats ok Jeff, Nice to meet u . Had to make another email my other
        one was being hacked grrr.Anyway i might of found my james pugh in
        1841 census wales .

        1841 census
        Mary Pugh age 48 widow
        Children:
        William Pugh age 19
        Thomas Pugh age 16
        John Pugh age 14
        David Pugh age 12
        James Pugh age 11
        Septimus Pugh age 9
        Hugh Pugh age 8
        Francis Pugh age 4

        My James Pugh was born 1826 died age 70 .usually census are never
        right with ages. My James Pugh married Janes Evans
        Children:
        William Pugh 1854
        Thomas Pugh 1859
        David Pugh 1861
        Lewis Pugh 1865
        Anna Pugh 1867
        James Pugh 1871
        Bessie Pugh 1873
        John Pugh 1874

        James Pugh has a son William Pugh 1854 . William Pugh has a son name
        Frank Pugh and Usaully Frank short Francis.So I have a feelin this
        Pugh in 1841 my connection in Tredegar,Monmouthshire,Wales,Uk...I
        live in Pennsylvania so everyone knows hehe in Scranton aarea.

        Christopher

        --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Pugh"

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2008

          Christopher,

          I am glad that you are making some headway.  There are many James and Jane Pughs in the early Wales census records.  You are the best judge as to whether/how they relate to your family group.  Keep plugging away!!

          Jeff

          <jpughdog@...> wrote:

          > Christopher,
          >

          > You are most welcome. I am sorry we have not been much help to you
          so far.
          > I have tried but have not come up with anything yet. Just a
          reminder for
          > everyone, Christopher descends from James and Jane (Evans) Pugh who
          came to
          > Luzerne County, PA from Wales before 1870. We have not been able
          to locate
          > them in Wales.
          >

          > Jeff

        • poolshark4life
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2014

            My name is Stephen Pugh a descendant of the Hugh Pugh I line.

            My grandfather was Clyde Anderson Pugh II. He recently passed in February (5th) a couple weeks short of his 91st birthday. Dorothy passed 2 March 2010. I started researching a few weeks ago as a family project. Your information has been invaluable.

            Clyde & Dorothy's children are:

            Clyde Anderson Pugh III b. 4 Oct 1948

            Stephen Wayne Pugh b. 30 December 1953

            Daniel Francis Pugh b. 21 December 1958

          • MSchultz
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2014
              Did you see my blog link regarding Hugh Pugh ("junor")?

              I am only very distantly connected to the Pughs by virtue of my Great Great Great Grandmother Mary Fisher Bowen who was a pupil of Hugh Pugh's while he was in Bedford County, PA as an itinerant schoolmaster in the first decade of the 19th c.

              Technically speaking, Hugh Pugh was the "father in law of a 3rd cousin 5x removed". My 3rd cousin in this case being Joseph Harlan (b 1757 -- d 1791) who was the spouse of Hannah Pugh (b 1768 -- d 1844).

              Have fun!

              Meg Schultz
              MTL | NJ

              On May 2, 2014, at 10:00 PM, <poolshark4life@...> wrote:

              My name is Stephen Pugh a descendant of the Hugh Pugh I line.

              My grandfather was Clyde Anderson Pugh II. He recently passed in February (5th) a couple weeks short of his 91st birthday. Dorothy passed 2 March 2010. I started researching a few weeks ago as a family project. Your information has been invaluable.

              Clyde & Dorothy's children are:

              Clyde Anderson Pugh III b. 4 Oct 1948

              Stephen Wayne Pugh b. 30 December 1953

              Daniel Francis Pugh b. 21 December 1958