Thank you

  • cdkile74
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2008
      Thank you for letting me back in . i had to remove my other account
      off . im under my new email now . again thank u .
      christopher
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2008

        Christopher,

        You are most welcome.  I am sorry we have not been much help to you so far.  I have tried but have not come up with anything yet.  Just a reminder for everyone, Christopher descends from James and Jane (Evans) Pugh who came to Luzerne County, PA from Wales before 1870.  We have not been able to locate them in Wales.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2008
          Thats ok Jeff, Nice to meet u . Had to make another email my other
          one was being hacked grrr.Anyway i might of found my james pugh in
          1841 census wales .

          1841 census
          Mary Pugh age 48 widow
          Children:
          William Pugh age 19
          Thomas Pugh age 16
          John Pugh age 14
          David Pugh age 12
          James Pugh age 11
          Septimus Pugh age 9
          Hugh Pugh age 8
          Francis Pugh age 4

          My James Pugh was born 1826 died age 70 .usually census are never
          right with ages. My James Pugh married Janes Evans
          Children:
          William Pugh 1854
          Thomas Pugh 1859
          David Pugh 1861
          Lewis Pugh 1865
          Anna Pugh 1867
          James Pugh 1871
          Bessie Pugh 1873
          John Pugh 1874

          James Pugh has a son William Pugh 1854 . William Pugh has a son name
          Frank Pugh and Usaully Frank short Francis.So I have a feelin this
          Pugh in 1841 my connection in Tredegar,Monmouthshire,Wales,Uk...I
          live in Pennsylvania so everyone knows hehe in Scranton aarea.

          Christopher

          --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Pugh"

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17, 2008

            Christopher,

            I am glad that you are making some headway.  There are many James and Jane Pughs in the early Wales census records.  You are the best judge as to whether/how they relate to your family group.  Keep plugging away!!

            Jeff

            <jpughdog@...> wrote:

            > Christopher,
            >

            > You are most welcome. I am sorry we have not been much help to you
            so far.
            > I have tried but have not come up with anything yet. Just a
            reminder for
            > everyone, Christopher descends from James and Jane (Evans) Pugh who
            came to
            > Luzerne County, PA from Wales before 1870. We have not been able
            to locate
            > them in Wales.
            >

            > Jeff

          • poolshark4life
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2014

              My name is Stephen Pugh a descendant of the Hugh Pugh I line.

              My grandfather was Clyde Anderson Pugh II. He recently passed in February (5th) a couple weeks short of his 91st birthday. Dorothy passed 2 March 2010. I started researching a few weeks ago as a family project. Your information has been invaluable.

              Clyde & Dorothy's children are:

              Clyde Anderson Pugh III b. 4 Oct 1948

              Stephen Wayne Pugh b. 30 December 1953

              Daniel Francis Pugh b. 21 December 1958

            • MSchultz
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2014
                Did you see my blog link regarding Hugh Pugh ("junor")?

                I am only very distantly connected to the Pughs by virtue of my Great Great Great Grandmother Mary Fisher Bowen who was a pupil of Hugh Pugh's while he was in Bedford County, PA as an itinerant schoolmaster in the first decade of the 19th c.

                Technically speaking, Hugh Pugh was the "father in law of a 3rd cousin 5x removed". My 3rd cousin in this case being Joseph Harlan (b 1757 -- d 1791) who was the spouse of Hannah Pugh (b 1768 -- d 1844).

                Have fun!

                Meg Schultz
                MTL | NJ

                On May 2, 2014, at 10:00 PM, <poolshark4life@...> wrote:

                My name is Stephen Pugh a descendant of the Hugh Pugh I line.

                My grandfather was Clyde Anderson Pugh II. He recently passed in February (5th) a couple weeks short of his 91st birthday. Dorothy passed 2 March 2010. I started researching a few weeks ago as a family project. Your information has been invaluable.

                Clyde & Dorothy's children are:

                Clyde Anderson Pugh III b. 4 Oct 1948

                Stephen Wayne Pugh b. 30 December 1953

                Daniel Francis Pugh b. 21 December 1958