RE: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Its been a while...

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2008

      Hi,

      Would you know if Frederick Eugene Pugh was the son of Frederick Pugh (b. Aug 1891, Ludlow Township, Washington County, OH)?  I have that Frederick Pugh, Sr. died in MI.  This is the Rose Township Stark/Carroll County, OH Pugh line who I suspect descend from Hugh and Helena (Brink) Pugh’s son Isaac.  This line is a huge mystery and a DNA test would really help clarify things.

      Thanks,

      Jeff

      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2008
        Unfortunately I'm really not sure, as I've said before, i'm rather
        disant from that side of my family. I took several pictures while out
        in Oregon, and a few of them are of my grandparents and great
        gandparents, among them should be a list I wrote down of names. I do
        know that my grandparents are both from Fresno, Cali. as adults, but
        before that I'm not sure. There are some military pictures that I
        think are grandpa, and that should help a bit, I can cross-reference
        the military background database to find his listing, then should be
        able to get a little more information.

        I saw that you have made a facebook, but I cant seem to find the link,
        my sister and I are both there, Kara Marie Pugh, and Kyla Kay Pugh. I
        have a free day at school today, so I'm going to be looking to see if
        I can find any cousins up there!

        I'm really sorry for not being much help, I know so little that I cant
        get much done.
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2008

          Hang in there Kara.  You seem to be making progress.  You now know your grandfather’s name and maybe his father.  Maybe one of you cousins can fill you in a little more.  If you can find the name, birth date and probable location(s) of a Pugh ancestor who was born before 1930, we may be able to narrow things down a little through census data.  It is interesting that I suspected a connection to the Rose Township, OH Pughs on both of your posts.  DNA might also provide some guidance.

          Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress.  If you need any help, just let us know.

          Jeff