Photos/Faces

  • jhargreaves2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 6:26 AM
      Hi All,

      I have posted many old photos on the Facebook page for Pughs that
      Jeff started. I'm hoping that the faces will look familiar to some of
      you.

      I was able to find 7th cousins on my Father's side of the family
      because of faces. I found an on-line photo of a gentleman who was a
      dead ringer for my Dad. So much so that when I showed my Dad the
      photo, he thought it was him but Dad couldn't remember wearing his
      hair that way.
      I contacted the gentleman. After four years of research we found that
      we were related! The paper trail proved it but if it hadn't been for
      the faces, I would not have made the initial connection. I find it
      amazing that 7 gererations later, we look alike!

      I also was able to confirm a family connection on my Grandmother
      Thompson's line through faces. The paper records had already
      confirmed the relationship, but the photo cinched it. I received a
      photo from a 4th cousin of her Great-Grandmother. I gasped when I saw
      it because it could easily have been a photo of my Grandmother!

      If you haven't checked the photos that I posted on Facebook, please
      take a moment to do so.

      Who knows, magic may happen again.

      Jane