RE: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Twin Pugh Brothers in VA

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20, 2008

      You are not going to believe this but online sources tell us that Marcellus B. Pugh and John Nelson Pugh are yet another unrelated line.  This is Daniela and Kline’s Lineage I, Lewis and Ann Pugh line.  We know that the DNA for that line does not match our James M. Pugh descendants.  Maybe a researcher of that line can confirm this information (below).

      Thanks Jane,

      Jeff

      Descendants of William Howard Pugh

      Generation No. 1

              1.  William Howard7 Pugh  (Absalom6, Frederick K.5, John4, Willoughby3, Lewis2, David1) was born 25 Feb 1822 in Albemarle County, VA, and died 22 Dec 1904 in Albemarle County, VA.  He married (1) Mary Price Johnson.    He married (2) Maccarina Thurmond

      More About William Howard Pugh:

      Residence 1: 1860, St Annes Parish, Albemarle, Virginia

      Residence 2: 1850, Bond, Illinois

      Children of William Pugh and Mary Johnson are:

              2                 i.    Lewis Nickolas8 Pugh, born 20 May 1870 in Virginia, USA; died 16 Jan 1949.

              3                ii.    Sarah Nichles Pugh, born 19 Dec 1876 in Albemarle, Virginia, USA; died 11 Apr 1970 in Brook Grove Foundation, Maryland, USA.

              4               iii.    Alvin Elmer Pugh.

              5               iv.    George Bennett Pugh.

              6                v.    Anna L Pugh.

              7               vi.    Oliver Kemper Pugh.

              8              vii.    Emmet R Pugh.

              9             viii.    Mary A Pugh.

      Children of William Pugh and Maccarina Thurmond are:

              10               i.    Marcellus B.8 Pugh.

              11              ii.    William Howard Pugh.

              12             iii.    Nancy Jane Pugh.

              13             iv.    Charles W Pugh.

              14              v.    James Henry Pugh.

              15             vi.    John Nelson Pugh.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 20, 2008
        Thank you both Jim & Jeff,

        If Marcellus & John Nelson had children by the
        Thompson sisters, then for me it is a related line!

        The Thompson girl's parents are my Great-Great
        Grandparents on my maternal Grandmother Pearl
        Thompson's line .

        I hope I hear from Daniela.

        How exciting!

        My thanks, Jane

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Jane Hargreaves
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 21, 2008
          Hi Jeff,

          I haven't heard from Daniele yet.
          Still hoping she'll read this thread & respond.
          I know she checks this forum regularly.

          I was so excited last night when I got your e-mail
          about the Pugh twin brothers married to the Thompson
          sisters. I've always wondered which branch of Pughs
          these boys belonged to.

          Today, in looking the info you sent back over, I
          realized that I had skipped right over the info about
          William's first wife, Mary PRICE Johnson & focused on
          wife # 2 Maccarina Thurmond because she was the twins
          Mom.

          Today, I can't help but wonder about wife # 1.
          Mary PRICE Johnson. PRICE???? Is that a middle name or
          a previous marriage name or maiden name?

          With Joan Price being married to James M Pugh &
          Catherine Price being married to David Pugh, what's up
          with the PRICE in Mary PRICE Johnson's name?

          Is this just a coincidence or something more???

          Jane

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 21, 2008

            The Price connection is interesting.  I have a dozen or so Prices in my data file and many are unconnected.  They are probably not all the same line but it would be interesting to run it all down.  Maybe someone out there has information on the Price’s you reference.  Thanks for sharing this observation.

            Jeff

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs