Lewis Pugh, born 1799

  • Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr.
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2008
      Hello everybody!

      I got the preliminary results from my DNA test today and I've got
      interesting news. My family has always been led to believe that we
      descended from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. I've mentioned to
      several of you in private e-mails that I didn't believe this to be
      the case. We now have the DNA evidence that seems to prove it. My
      DNA does not match with the Pughs of Hampshire County WV that are
      know to descend from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. My DNA does
      match those whose lineage is documented to go back to the David Pugh
      born 1650 in Wales. I can prove with solid paper trail evidence that
      my lineage goes back to Lewis Pugh, born in 1799. The booklet we
      have by Coy Pugh does a solid job describing the descendents of
      Lewis Pugh. I have the paper trail evidence on my lineage that goes
      directly to him. However, he was born in Nelson County, Virginia,
      NOT in Orange County, North Carolina as many have reported (I
      believe it traces back to the inaccuracy in the Maud Pugh book). We
      know that our Lewis Pugh's father and grandfather was a John Pugh Jr
      and John Pugh Sr, and I have a good hunch on who they are and where
      they are from, but I may need some assistance all of you in the Pugh
      DNA Project to prove it with the paper evidence. I think we're going
      to find that my John Pughs were the ones in Virginia all along and
      not the ones in North Carolina as we have been lead to believe.

      I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of my marker results to see where I
      fit in to the grand scheme.

      Sincerely,
      Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr.
      Alexandria, VA
    • Tina Joe Pugh Sanders
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2008
        Hi, this is wonderful. My brother's DNA is being processed right now
        (James Riley Pugh, Jr) and I know we are direct descendants of James
        Riley Pugh Sr, William James Thomas Pugh, William Pugh, son of
        Jonathan, son of Joseph Sr, son of David Pugh...(arrival from Wales
        and married Catherine Price in 1698)......so it will be very
        interesting to see how my brother's and your DNA match up.....our
        results won't be available until April 2008 I would like to
        communicate privately (tsandgolf@...) tina pugh sanders

        --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, "Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr."
        <docpugh@...> wrote:

        > Hello everybody!
        >
        > I got the preliminary results from my DNA test today and I've got
        > interesting news. My family has always been led to believe that we
        > descended from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. I've mentioned to
        > several of you in private e-mails that I didn't believe this to be
        > the case. We now have the DNA evidence that seems to prove it. My
        > DNA does not match with the Pughs of Hampshire County WV that are
        > know to descend from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. My DNA does
        > match those whose lineage is documented to go back to the David
        Pugh
        > born 1650 in Wales. I can prove with solid paper trail evidence
        that
        > my lineage goes back to Lewis Pugh, born in 1799. The booklet we
        > have by Coy Pugh does a solid job describing the descendents of
        > Lewis Pugh. I have the paper trail evidence on my lineage that goes
        > directly to him. However, he was born in Nelson County, Virginia,
        > NOT in Orange County, North Carolina as many have reported (I
        > believe it traces back to the inaccuracy in the Maud Pugh book). We
        > know that our Lewis Pugh's father and grandfather was a John Pugh
        Jr
        > and John Pugh Sr, and I have a good hunch on who they are and where
        > they are from, but I may need some assistance all of you in the
        Pugh
        > DNA Project to prove it with the paper evidence. I think we're
        going
        > to find that my John Pughs were the ones in Virginia all along and
        > not the ones in North Carolina as we have been lead to believe.
        >
        > I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of my marker results to see where I
        > fit in to the grand scheme.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr.
        > Alexandria, VA

      • jhargreaves2002
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2008
          Hi Ivan,

          This is really great news!
          I'm so glad that the DNA testing has worked so well for you.

          Do you know if Tina's, Catherine Price, was the sister of Joan Price,
          wife of James M? James M was an indentured servant to Bevan. The
          Price family was kin to Bevan.

          My Grandmother told me many, many stories about her husband, Thomas
          DeWitt Pugh's family. We descend from Tom Jr. I heard from Grandma
          the story about the family leaving PA & traveling to NC.

          She told me that they stopped for awhile in VA.

          I asked in any stayed in VA and she said yes.
          That is contrary to what many in my line believe. I have been told
          that they all went on to NC.
          Your DNA testing says that my Grandmother may have been right.

          I am surprised to hear that the DNA testing says David & James M were
          not brothers. That has me puzzled.

          Yours,
          Jane H

          <docpugh@...> wrote:

          > Hello everybody!
          >
          > I got the preliminary results from my DNA test today and I've got
          > interesting news. My family has always been led to believe that we
          > descended from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. I've mentioned to
          > several of you in private e-mails that I didn't believe this to be
          > the case. We now have the DNA evidence that seems to prove it. My
          > DNA does not match with the Pughs of Hampshire County WV that are
          > know to descend from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. My DNA does
          > match those whose lineage is documented to go back to the David
          Pugh
          > born 1650 in Wales. I can prove with solid paper trail evidence
          that
          > my lineage goes back to Lewis Pugh, born in 1799. The booklet we
          > have by Coy Pugh does a solid job describing the descendents of
          > Lewis Pugh. I have the paper trail evidence on my lineage that goes
          > directly to him. However, he was born in Nelson County, Virginia,
          > NOT in Orange County, North Carolina as many have reported (I
          > believe it traces back to the inaccuracy in the Maud Pugh book). We
          > know that our Lewis Pugh's father and grandfather was a John Pugh
          Jr
          > and John Pugh Sr, and I have a good hunch on who they are and where
          > they are from, but I may need some assistance all of you in the
          Pugh
          > DNA Project to prove it with the paper evidence. I think we're
          going
          > to find that my John Pughs were the ones in Virginia all along and
          > not the ones in North Carolina as we have been lead to believe.
          >
          > I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of my marker results to see where I
          > fit in to the grand scheme.
          >
          > Sincerely,
          > Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr.
          > Alexandria, VA

        • Darrell Pugh, DO
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2008
            As to your inquiry, I'm not sure.  Kline Pugh seems to be very knowledgable in the VA Pughs and may be able to help out better.  Good luck!!

            I. Darrell Pugh

            <docpugh@... > wrote:

            > Hello everybody!
            >
            > I got the preliminary results from my DNA test today and I've got
            > interesting news. My family has always been led to believe that we
            > descended from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. I've mentioned to
            > several of you in private e-mails that I didn't believe this to be
            > the case. We now have the DNA evidence that seems to prove it. My
            > DNA does not match with the Pughs of Hampshire County WV that are
            > know to descend from Robert ap Hugh and Sarah Evans. My DNA does
            > match those whose lineage is documented to go back to the David
            Pugh
            > born 1650 in Wales. I can prove with solid paper trail evidence
            that
            > my lineage goes back to Lewis Pugh, born in 1799. The booklet we
            > have by Coy Pugh does a solid job describing the descendents of
            > Lewis Pugh. I have the paper trail evidence on my lineage that goes
            > directly to him. However, he was born in Nelson County, Virginia,
            > NOT in Orange County, North Carolina as many have reported (I
            > believe it traces back to the inaccuracy in the Maud Pugh book). We
            > know that our Lewis Pugh's father and grandfather was a John Pugh
            Jr
            > and John Pugh Sr, and I have a good hunch on who they are and where
            > they are from, but I may need some assistance all of you in the
            Pugh
            > DNA Project to prove it with the paper evidence. I think we're
            going
            > to find that my John Pughs were the ones in Virginia all along and
            > not the ones in North Carolina as we have been lead to believe.
            >
            > I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of my marker results to see where I
            > fit in to the grand scheme.
            >
            > Sincerely,
            > Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr.
            > Alexandria, VA

            Ivan Darrell Pugh, Jr, DO
            docpugh@...
            http://docpugh.mav.net
          • Daniela Moneta
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2008

              Hello Pugh Researchers,

              I think that Ivan Darrell Pugh is saying that his Y-Chromosome test results shows that he is not genetically related to the Pennsylvania Pughs. His most distant ancestor turns out to be Lewis Pugh (b.c. 1670 in Merionethshire, Wales ) who immigrated to Virginia in 1695.

              Daniela