Arnold Pugh[Pew] father of William Pugh

  • sharon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2007
      Daniela,

      Do you have any information on Arnold Pew father of William? I found
      these land grants, what do you think?
      Sheri

      Pew, Arnold.
      Publication 13 November 1713.
      Other Format Available on microfilm. Virginia State Land Office.
      Patents 1-42, reels 1-41.
      Note Location: Isle of Wight County.
      Swamp. Beg.g at the mouth of a small branch on the north east side of
      the Indian Field branch.
      Source: Land Office Patents No. 10, 1710-1719, p. 114 (Reel 10).
      Part of the index to the recorded copies of patents for land
      issued by the Secretary of the Colony serving as the colonial Land
      Office. The collection is housed in the Archives at the Library of
      Virginia.
      Subject - Personal Pew, Arnold. grantee.
      Subject - Topical Land titles -- Registration and transfer --
      Virginia -- Isle of Wight County
      Subject -Geographic Isle of Wight County (Va.) -- History -- 18th
      century
      Genre/Form Land grants -- Virginia -- Isle of Wight County.
      Added Entry Virginia. Colonial Land Office. Patents, 1623-1774.
      Library of Virginia. Archives.

      Pages 251-252: WILLIAM PUGH of Edgecombe County, North Carolina to
      JOB
      WRIGHT dated 16 Oct 1758
      270 acres (patent to ARNOLD PUGH on 13 Nov 1713 and came to sd.
      WILLIAM
      by right of inheritance as son and heir-at-law), S: WILLIAM (W) PUGH,
      W:
      JOHN (signed) LEWIS, RICHARD (I) BEAL, and DAVID (signed) WRIGHT