Re: [SPAM]Re: [SPAM][Tracing_Pugh_Origins] Re: Mastin G. Pugh (Looking for Pugh Ancestors)

  • Dorthy Casten
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 13 7:54 PM
      I have no idea how close or how far apart those places are -- I need to look at a map from back then.  They could be located very close together.  I saw on a LDS search a marriage for Mastin G. Pugh and Sarah Johnson (Johnston?) in Arkansas.  If that is true, M. G. Pugh must have been in Arkansas for a little while anyway.  He was only 22 years old when I find him on a census, married and with a young child.

      I have an uncle on my mom's side of the family who was named Raymond Alexander Wright at birth, but the name was later changed because my grandfather just didn't like the name.  He became Dewitt Clinton Wright.  Back then they could do anything they wanted to with a kid because they were usually only registered by Baptism record or such and not legally.

      I really do appreciate your efforts.  Thank you so much,

      Dorthy