RE: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] which DNA test to order

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2007
      Hi Ruth,

      I always recommend the 37-marker test for male Y-DNA. Here is a link to
      join the Project.

      https://www.familytreedna.com/surname_join.aspx?code=U21335&special=True

      I am not sure if it will work so, if it does not, you can access the Pugh
      Surname DNA Project page through the link in our site description at Tracing
      Pugh Origins. Once at the Pugh Surname DNA Project site, click on the link
      in the left margin that says "Request to Join this Group." You will then
      need to click on the "Order a Kit" link. The 37-marker test is $189.00 with
      our Group discount and a $2.00 S&H gets added at checkout.

      You can sign up as the participant and have the kit sent to either you or
      your brother, whichever is more convenient. You can add both of your email
      addresses so that both of you will be notified of status and new matches.
      You can pay for your kit directly with a credit at the join screen. The
      General Fund is for those who would like to support what we are doing but do
      not have a participant to send a kit to.

      Thanks again for your interest.

      Jeff