Isaac Pugh Hall Co GA early 1800's

  • kwp462003
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2007
      Almost for 20 years I have looked for a proving connection for Isaac to
      be a son of William Pugh Hall Co GA.
      I completed the 37 markers on DNA project with hopes that this would be
      the proven connection.
      WRONG did not match other proven descendants of William Pugh Hall Co GA.
      It appears that Isaac must have been adopted by William Pugh and took
      the name Pugh. My 37 marker has a close match to a Williams like in SC
      late 1700 and early 1800.

      Ken
    • randall_pugh
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2007
        Ken
        Are you a direct descendent of this Isaac Pugh in Hall Co.,GA?
        Randall

        --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, "kwp462003" <pughk_@...>
        wrote:

        > Almost for 20 years I have looked for a proving connection for Isaac
        > be a son of William Pugh Hall Co GA.
        > I completed the 37 markers on DNA project with hopes that this would
        be
        > the proven connection.
        > WRONG did not match other proven descendants of William Pugh Hall Co
        GA.
        > It appears that Isaac must have been adopted by William Pugh and took
        > the name Pugh. My 37 marker has a close match to a Williams like in
        SC
        > late 1700 and early 1800.
        >
        > Ken

      • kwp462003
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
          My line as follows

          Isaac Pugh Hall CO GA

          Edward Jackson Pugh Born 1830 Hall CO GA and Died 1864 GA (Civil
          War) He married to Mary A East

          Steven Raymond Pugh Born 1860 Talladega Co AL and died 1924 in
          ALabama

          Woodie Jackson Pugh Born 1889 Clay CO AL and died 1918 Clay
          CO AL

          Lavelle Pugh born 1911 Clay CO AL and died 1987 Lee CO AL

          Next is me Ken Pugh

          How do you connect ti Isaac?

          Thanks

          --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, "randall_pugh"

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
            Ken,

            Thanks for sharing the status of your research with us.  In one way, it is disappointing that the DNA results did not confirm the relationship that seemed the most logical but you have gained knowledge that will guide you in a new direction.  Genealogical DNA analysis is just getting rolling and there are already over 100,000 Y-DNA records in FTDNA's database.  I am hopeful that mainstream genealogists will begin to see the value of this tool and help us in our efforts.  Just think of the connections we could make if we had a million records!!  In the mean time we need to do just what you are doing.  Use the data we do have along with "standard" genealogical tools to see if we can detect potential areas for further concentrated study.  The Lewis Pugh line in our Project is pushing the envelope.  The active recruiting done by the participants in that group has resulted in the Lewis Pugh line representing nearly half of the total participants in the Project.  It is exciting to watch this group grow and to see how the new information is used to guide its research.

            I would like to see my group (Lineage) grow as well, and I am sure all of us in the Project feel the same way.  When we finally find a participant who can help us, then the waiting starts.  It seems like forever waiting for the lab results.  All the time we are expecting (hoping) for a certain result and, as was the case for your data, we are sometimes disappointed.  When that happens, we need to turn it around as you did and use the new information to chart a new course.  It may not be the correct course but we will learn new things in the process and hopefully (probably when we least expect it) we will get some answers that satisfy some of our curiosity.

            Hang in there, it is just a matter of time.

            <randall_pugh@ ...> wrote:

            > Ken
            > Are you a direct descendent of this Isaac Pugh in Hall Co.,GA?
            > Randall
            >

            > --- In Tracing_Pugh_ Origins@yahoogro ups.com, "kwp462003" <pughk_@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Almost for 20 years I have looked for a proving connection for
            Isaac
            > > be a son of William Pugh Hall Co GA.
            > > I completed the 37 markers on DNA project with hopes that this
            would
            > be
            > > the proven connection.
            > > WRONG did not match other proven descendants of William Pugh Hall
            Co
            > GA.
            > > It appears that Isaac must have been adopted by William Pugh and
            took
            > > the name Pugh. My 37 marker has a close match to a Williams like
            in
            > SC
            > > late 1700 and early 1800.
            > >
            > > Ken

          • Ken Pugh
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007

              I have talked with a very close match and we both shared our family tree records. How and when thing happen are a mystery. I wish the ghost would have left better trails

              Thanks

              <randall_pugh@ ...> wrote:

              > Ken
              > Are you a direct descendent of this Isaac Pugh in Hall Co.,GA?
              > Randall
              >

              > --- In Tracing_Pugh_ Origins@yahoogro ups.com, "kwp462003" <pughk_@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Almost for 20 years I have looked for a proving connection for
              Isaac
              > > be a son of William Pugh Hall Co GA.
              > > I completed the 37 markers on DNA project with hopes that this
              would
              > be
              > > the proven connection.
              > > WRONG did not match other proven descendants of William Pugh Hall
              Co
              > GA.
              > > It appears that Isaac must have been adopted by William Pugh and
              took
              > > the name Pugh. My 37 marker has a close match to a Williams like
              in
              > SC
              > > late 1700 and early 1800.
              > >
              > > Ken

            • Miriam Matzeder
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
                It's true that it doesn't always go the way we are expecting.
                However, sometimes great things surface.

                I'm a female in a Pugh line. My father has agreed to do the DNA swab
                while he's visiting over the holiday. Tomorrow is the big day.
                Then, our waiting begins.

                In the meantime, though, I've accidently made a happy discovery.

                My grandfather Denver Benton Pugh of Jackson County, MO was married
                once prior to marrying my grandmother. He had a child none of us
                ever got to know. Ever since hearing that this was the case, I have
                felt a guilt/duty over it. While browsing ancestry.com, I came
                across another female who claimed her grandfather was Denver Benton
                Pugh of Jackson County, MO, and this is not a local cousin I grew up
                with.

                I am now getting to know my long-lost cousin. We are sharing photos
                and stories and I'm very grateful to have made the link.

                Good luck to all of you!
                Miriam Pugh-McDaniel-Matzeder!
              • randall_pugh
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 11, 2007
                  Ken
                  I believe I corresponded with you at another email address back on
                  April 3 where I described my descent from Sampson Pugh, Sr in Jackson
                  Co., Ga. (Jackson Co adjoins Hall Co.) He also had a son, Isaac, b.
                  in the same time frame as yours and also disappeared from the records
                  about 1832. If you did not get a match from other William Pugh
                  descendents you may want to compare your test with mine to see how
                  close we match if at all. (assuming it has not already been done.) It
                  could help solve our mystery on Isaac. Or at least disprove any
                  relationship between your William and my Sampson lines.