Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] new member to your site

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      Hello Ruth,

      Welcome aboard!!  I do not seem to have your William in my database yet.  Hopefully someone else in our group is familiar with him.  Thank you for sharing your information.  Let's see what we can turn up.

      Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 4:45 PM
      Subject: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] new member to your site

      Hi,

      I am a new member to your group. I was born a Pugh and have not been
      able to trace my Pugh line back very far. I have been able with the
      use of ancestry.com to go back to my great-great- grandfather William H
      Pugh who was born about 1831 in North Carolina. The 1850 Federal
      Census shows him living in Mattamuskeet, Hyde County, NC. The 1880
      Federal Census shows him living in Lake Landing, Hyde County, NC and
      married to Patsy or Patsey who was born about 1832. At this point I
      hit a brick wall and can't get back any further in the Pugh line. Any
      help on my line would be appreciated as I am very new to ancestry
      research.

      Ruth