Re: [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] New file uploaded to Tracing_Pugh_Origins

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28 8:14 PM
      Louise:

      You did a great job in presenting Tammy's Pugh ancestor  to us.

      But, the question is do you have the ancestry of John Barton Pugh?  If not I can probably help you some of it.

      Jim Pugh

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2007
        Hi Vivian,

        We have two participants from the James M. Pugh line, both descend from Elijah and Ruth but each descends from different sons as indicated in the chart.  I am still trying to come up with a way to present the data so that it is more useful to others.  Hopefully it is not too confusing.

        We do not have any (known) participants from the Ellis Pugh line.  We really need some so, if you come across any potential participants, please let them know about us.  Likewise for the James M. Pugh line.  We need some participants that did not descend through Elijah and Ruth so that we can confirm the accepted genealogy that goes all the way back to James M. Pugh.

        I will forward your desire to share info with our two James M. Pugh participants.  Thank you for your interest.

        Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 10:37 PM

        I was checking out the chart and I see that there is a participant from Isaac Pugh and Hannah Baskin.  I am assuming that is as far back as this person can document.  I think that Isaac may be a son of Elijah Pugh and Ruth Julien.  I would love to share information with anyone from this line.  Ruth Julien who married Elijah Pugh may be the daughter of Peter Julien and Mary Beals.  I descend from their son Peter Jr. who married Ruth Pugh, daughter of Azariah Pugh and Hannah Beals.  I am hoping that the DNA project will eventually help verify my Pugh relationships with the Juliens.  To further confuse things, my Mary Ann Julien married into the Stewarts and all of these people lived in Randolph Co NC or Bush River SC.

        Are there any participants for Ellis Pugh?  My Azariah descends from him but I know of no males still living as my line comes from his daughter who married Elijah Stewart.

         Vivian