Re: Chapman-Pugh Genealogy

    Message 1 of 15 , May 14, 2007
      Hi Jim,

      I knew you were out there somewhere. I have to apologize, some of the
      files are quite large. The ones that you reference are all over
      200kb. I just opened them all on my home computer without incident.
      If you are on dial-up up there in God's country, that may have
      something to do about it. If you are able to download any of them, I
      suggest that you save them to your harddrive so you do not have to go
      through it every time you want to view them.

      The cover does not have any information on it other than the title and
      the author's name. It is a nice color scan of the pretty, hard cloth
      cover that I thought would be of interest to some. It is a monster at
      800kb. If you are still having trouble, I can try to email them to you
      directly but you may have the same problem. If I do this, you should
      definitly save them to your harddrive and delete them from your on-line
      mailbox.

      I will try to post some information that you can sink your teeth into
      tomorrow. So far, it has been mostly fluff. If anyone else is having
      trouble with the downloading, please let us know. Thanks.

      Jeff

      --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <sibbert@...> wrote:

      > Jeff:
      >
      > I am having trouble opening the:
      >
      > 1) Front Cover
      > 4) Genealogy 8.pdf
      > 5) Genealogy 055.pdf, and
      > 6) Genealogy 120.pdf

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 15 , May 15, 2007
        Jeff:
        I am on DSL but yesterday my "Adobe Reader" downloaded a new up-date and I feel that this might be my problem.  I also saw in the "tech section" of  the newspaper that going from Windows 98 to XP and back again to 98 can cause a "read problem".  I am on 98 up here, so could you send me by e-mail the others(4-5-6) that I indicated without the front cover?

        We will see if that helps me.

        Jim

        I knew you were out there somewhere. I have to apologize, some of the
        files are quite large. The ones that you reference are all over
        200kb. I just opened them all on my home computer without incident.
        If you are on dial-up up there in God's country, that may have
        something to do about it. If you are able to download any of them, I
        suggest that you save them to your harddrive so you do not have to go
        through it every time you want to view them.

        The cover does not have any information on it other than the title and
        the author's name. It is a nice color scan of the pretty, hard cloth
        cover that I thought would be of interest to some. It is a monster at
        800kb. If you are still having trouble, I can try to email them to you
        directly but you may have the same problem. If I do this, you should
        definitly save them to your harddrive and delete them from your on-line
        mailbox.

        I will try to post some information that you can sink your teeth into
        tomorrow. So far, it has been mostly fluff. If anyone else is having
        trouble with the downloading, please let us know. Thanks.

        Jeff

        --- In Tracing_Pugh_ Origins@yahoogro ups.com, "Jim" <sibbert@... > wrote:

        > Jeff:
        >
        > I am having trouble opening the: