Re: [SPAM] [Tracing_Pugh_Origins] John Pugh to PA during the 1850's

  • Ben Morgan Pugh
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2007
      --- In Tracing_Pugh_Origins@yahoogroups.com, "hatchb4ck" <hatchb4ck@...>
      wrote:

      > > Do we have anyone in our group with ties to PA, MINN, IA, or
      Colorado?

      > My Pugh lineage, according to research and first hand experience has
      > ties to both Colorado and Minnesota. Although I don't have exact
      > information yet as to the location in Colorado, I do have quite a bit
      > of documentation on my ancestors in Minnesota. Most of my ancestors
      > in Minnesota are in Aitkin and Itasca counties.
      >
      > Let me know if I can offer any further information or perhaps we can
      > share the information that we have.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Joe Pugh

      Hello Joe Pugh

      My greatgrandfather (John Pugh born abt. 1831) came from Wales during
      the 1850's and lived in Penn (Johnstown area) and married in that area
      abt. 1865. He was naturalized Sept. 18, 1868 in Ebensburg, Penn.

      He moved to Blue Earth County, Minn. and lived close to a brother Thomas
      during 1869. John Pugh returned to Johnstown, Penn. in March of 1871
      where he died on May 30, 1871.

      John had one son (Benjamin, my grandfather) born 16 Dec. 1867. After
      John's death Ben lived with his mother (Mary Ann) in the Iowa City, Iowa
      area. After Ben's mother died (11 Dec. 1891) he traveled to Colorado
      and lived in Cripple Creek working in the gold mines.

      Ben met and married ( 10 Jan. 1900) Nettie Mae Stephenson (she worked in
      a bording house which served gold miners). They had five children which
      included my father (John S Pugh). Ben obtained a homestead east of
      Denver and died 2 Dec. 1944.

      Joe, Do our families have any connect?

      Sincerely

      Ben Morgan Pugh